PDA

View Full Version : Fuad Ibrahim - Not with USA U20?

devioustrevor
02-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Anyone else notice he was left off of the U.S. U-20 team heading to Trinidad & Tobago?

Apparently the USSF and Thomas Rongen felt that there was no room on the roster for a Forward with MLS experience, but there was for players from such giants of the footy world as the University of Denver and the University of Jacksonville.

This makes no sense unless TFC asked the USSF not to take him.

BFin
02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Couldn't he play U16, U17, or U18 still?
Maybe thats why they did it?

devioustrevor
02-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Couldn't he play U16, U17, or U18 still?
Maybe thats why they did it?

But if he played on the U-20 Team next month in Trinidad, it doesn't prevent him from playing U-18 afterwards.

I just have a notion that an MLS-caliber Ibrahim may be a better player than some of the others chosen. If they were MLS-caliber they'd probably already be there.

Broadview
02-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Is it too late to stamp a Maple Leaf on that scrawny little butt?

TFC Via Buffalo
02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Is it too late to stamp a Maple Leaf on that scrawny little butt?

YES!!!! Leave our damn guys alone!

And he damn sure should be on the U20 team. Hey, USMNT, don't sleep on Ibrahim. Sleep is the cousin of death.

rocker
02-24-2009, 05:29 PM
i was a bit surprised he wasn't called up. He was called up before to this team for training in the fall, was he not? or was that some other level?

werewolf
02-24-2009, 05:33 PM
YES!!!! Leave our damn guys alone!

You're Ethiopian too?

;)

ccopela
02-24-2009, 06:03 PM
It isn't too late for him to play for Canada he has until he's 21 to make up his mind. I wouldn't count on him switching though.

GabrielHurl
02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
why would he even want to declare for Canada?

ccopela
02-25-2009, 09:11 AM
^^Exactly play for a country that plays in World Cups? or one that doesn't?

rocker
02-25-2009, 09:47 AM
depends on whether he can actually make the American national team. he'd make the canadian team.

olegunnar
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Maybe they found out he's really 35 yrs old.

He's our Junior Felix

Detroit_TFC
02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Maybe they found out he's really 35 yrs old.

He's our Junior Felix

LOL He wears it well.

jloome
02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
You can't read anything into this. The U.S. has a tendency to break call-ups into two camps, players they know and players they're checking out. This is likely one of the latter, that's all. If they don't need him, with MLS season just starting and him gelling with his team in training camp, they won't call him.

ginkster88
02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
You can't read anything into this. The U.S. has a tendency to break call-ups into two camps, players they know and players they're checking out. This is likely one of the latter, that's all. If they don't need him, with MLS season just starting and him gelling with his team in training camp, they won't call him.

Definitely. Look at the callups for the US match vs.... Sweden I think it was. Anyway, it was their last friendly before the Mexico game. I think all of them were from MLS, nobody from Europe (maybe one or two, tops) and only a few from that team showed up in camp for Mexico.

But also I hope that he decides home is where his family is and jumps up north...

TFC Via Buffalo
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Definitely. Look at the callups for the US match vs.... Sweden I think it was. Anyway, it was their last friendly before the Mexico game. I think all of them were from MLS, nobody from Europe (maybe one or two, tops) and only a few from that team showed up in camp for Mexico.

But also I hope that he decides home is where his family is and jumps up north...

Yeah, he can stay at my house. :D

They've used him before and know about him. They are probably doing exactly what ginkster88 said. I do like how, even though he didn't play, Wynne was on the bench for the Mexico game. Shows they have faith in him.