PDA

View Full Version : Serioux to Toronto - Official (page 7)

Pages : [1] 2

mastermixer
02-23-2009, 04:36 PM
not sure how good a source this is but here's the link

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/02/serioux_to_toronto.html#comments

Ross
02-23-2009, 04:39 PM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

Serioux to Toronto

The Insider has learned that FC Dallas is planning to trade Canadian midfielder Adrian Serioux to Toronto for a draft pick and allocation money

Dont know if anyone has posted this yet.

Nuvinho
02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
DD strikes again!!

Serioux to Toronto

The Insider has learned that FC Dallas is planning to trade Canadian midfielder Adrian Serioux to Toronto for a draft pick and allocation money. Serioux, 29, began his pro career in Toronto with the A-League's Lynx 10 years ago. He started 24 league games for FCD last year and had four assists, second best on the club.

Roogsy
02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
I am down with this...I think he is a solid back, nothing spectacular.

The only problem I have is that our team is beginning to look like the CMNT and I dread to think what will happen when there is an international date.

Billy the kid
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
His wikipedia says he plays for TFC. Seems a little premature. Will be great if he signs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Serioux

Stryker
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Well the good news there is that MLS is finally starting to take internationals into consideration when making our sceduale.

BuSaPuNk
02-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow and I thought they said this deal was dead?? DD best information source!!

BuSaPuNk
02-23-2009, 05:00 PM
His wikipedia says he plays for TFC. Seems a little premature. Will be great if he signs.

Either premature, or the deal was already done from before. Just never finalized with the MLS FO.

Nuvinho
02-23-2009, 05:00 PM
give section 117 some credit, we doubted his source - and believed ives.

** If this is true.

dantdot
02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Update your lineups for your formation threads people :D

BFin
02-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Finally.
Finally.
FINALLY!
Atta boy Mo.

Stryker
02-23-2009, 05:11 PM
If this pans out to be true and Garcia can play solidly for us as the other CB then I think we're a serious contender now folks.
Theres no reason why we can't not only make the playoffs but make some serious noise in later rounds.

Keyman
02-23-2009, 05:11 PM
---------------------Sutton---------------------
----Wynne-----------Serioux------Brennan-------
-----------------Cronin----Robinson--------------
--Ricketts-----------------------------DeRo-------
---------------------Guevara----------------------
-----------Dichio------------------Vitti------------

Based on the players we would definitely have

TFC 420
02-23-2009, 05:12 PM
TFC's not playing a 3-5-2!

BuSaPuNk
02-23-2009, 05:12 PM

Looks pretty dam good to me. :hump:

Keyman
02-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Why?

Roogsy
02-23-2009, 05:15 PM

Sonofagun that looks like a lineup that can score! :eek:

CDNSoccerFan
02-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Is Serioux a true CB or CDM? Only ask this cause I rememeber seeing him listed as a CDM on Fifa

Keyman
02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Sonofagun that looks like a lineup that can score! :eek:
Exactly. Robinson and Cronin, who I've heard has looked very good, can compensate for a three-man backline. Then, in front of Robbo and Cronin we would arguably have the most well-rounded, dangerous attack in the league.

TFC 420
Why?
Carver doesn't want to win 5-4 games.

BuSaPuNk

I love that formation. Especially with our depth at midfield and the talent there. The opposing team cannot shut down all 5 midfielders going forward which means more opporunities to score for us and with 5 and a soild 3 in the back it will be very hard for the opposing team to push there offence forward.

Daveisonfire
Is Serioux a true CB or CDM? Only ask this cause I rememeber seeing him listed as a CDM on Fifa

He can play centre back, full back and defensive mid as far as I know

T_Mizz
Some guy at 86.0.163.175 at 9:45PM today?
This guy's from the future. no wonder he knew already, I think to him it might not be premature:rolleyes:

Ageroo
02-23-2009, 05:18 PM

I don't think he is a true CB...but he seems to have adapted to this role...at least with the CMNT

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:20 PM
I think we could definitely play a 3-5-2 if we could sell wynne and sign Garcia or use Velez

DOMIN8R
02-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Cronin won't start. IMO

Keyman
02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
We'd be no worse at the back than we were last season if we add Serioux and an extra holding midfielder...and we never had such high scoring games last season. Offence is a far more dangerous weapon in MLS, same with a strong midfield. So that statement is an exageration.

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Cronin won't start. IMO
1. Cronin seems to be running show
2. Carver loves him
3. Carver doesn't mind starting a rookie (Brian Edwards)

ensco
02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I think we could definitely play a 3-5-2 if we could sell wynne and sign Garcia or use Velez

Wow do I ever disagree.

Wings are the most important position in a 3-5-2 and they only way it would work is if the guys there have serious wheels, and can tackle.

Only way I would play 3-5-2 is with Wynne and Brennan as the outside wings, but even then I'm worried Jimmy B would get burned. You could try Smith out there, but I think his tackling isn't good enough.

DeRo would be terrible as a wing in a 3-5-2, that's just not what he does, btw

I think Ricketts is the guy who would sit in a 3-5-2. His tackling just isn't there.

T_Mizz
That seems like a silly assumption, I think he'd take the wins no matter how he gets them, especially if the alternative is losing

Raging Reggie
wont see any problems with a 3-5-2 formation like that really...they could switch it around to like a 4-1-3-2 or depending on who gets subbed a 5-3-2 or the score of the game ect ect, i doubt honestly they would go to a 3-5-2 but i like that formation! only thing......switch dichio for barrett up front ;)

Ageroo
Cronin won't start. IMO
I am with you on this one....maybe later in the season....but he may pull an Edwards and get the nod for the opener..who knows...

nimamalek
02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
i think the safe bet is

--wynne--velez--serioux--brennan--
---dero--robo--guevara--ricketts---
----------barrett---vitti------------

maybe harmse for velez depending on how the preseason goes, i'd doubt we see anything different

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Wow do I ever disagree.

Wings are the most important position in a 3-5-2 and they only way it would work is if the guys there have serious wheels, and can tackle.

Only way I would play 3-5-2 is with Wynne and Brennan as the outside wings, but even then I'm worried Jimmy B would get burned. You could try Smith out there, but I think his tackling isn't good enough.

DeRo would be terrible as a wing in a 3-5-2, that's just not what he does, btw

I think Ricketts is the guy who would sit in a 3-5-2
The thing about a 3-5-2 (and I think most people on this board seem to agree) is that the 3 defenders need to be CB types not wing backs, and I don't think, as much as some people may love him, that anyone thinks he could play CB

Daveisonfire
02-23-2009, 05:27 PM
not sure how good a source this is but here's the link

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

When it comes to sources Steve Goff is pretty solid

ensco
02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
The thing about a 3-5-2 (and I think most people on this board seem to agree) is that the 3 defenders need to be CB types not wing backs, and I don't think, as much as some people may love him, that anyone thinks he could play CB

I agree that Marvell would/should play outside wing and not DF in a 3-5-2

What an offseason. No DP, but everything else a TFC fan could ask for.

DOMIN8R
02-23-2009, 05:30 PM
1. Cronin seems to be running show
2. Carver loves him
3. Carver doesn't mind starting a rookie (Brian Edwards)

All reasonable points. But this falls short of pointing to Cronin starting.

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:30 PM
When it comes to sources Steve Goff is pretty solid
Ives was supposedly even more solid but this is more recent AND the wiki has been changed (from the future mind you) so its concrete now

BuSaPuNk
02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
I agree that Marvell would/should play outside wing and not DF in a 3-5-2

What an offseason. No DP, but everything else a TFC fan could ask for.

It's like Christmas all over again!!

TFC 420
i think the safe bet is

maybe harmse for velez depending on how the preseason goes, i'd doubt we see anything different
I agree with you're starting line-up 100%. With who we have now thats what the line-up looks like to me.

Broadview
Not done yet?

http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/serioux-to-toronto/

"February 23rd, 2009 . By: Buzz Carrick
As was mentioned earlier this week, the Adrian Serioux to Toronto rumors that have persisted all winter have picked up new momentum. Now it’s gotten to the point Goff says FCD is planning to send Serioux to TFC for an allocation and a draft pick.
I checked with FCD sources this afternoon and am told there has been discussion with Toronto about Serioux but that no deal is done at this time.
However the fact this renewed chatter and talk about a possible deal has come the same week we have seen an extensive Marcelo Saragosa try out at right back and a Drew Moor appearance wide right can’t be a coincidence.
Serioux has long expressed a desire to play in Canada, once having gotten taken by TFC in the expansion draft only to be caught off guard by an immediate trade to Dallas."

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:32 PM
All reasonable points. But this falls short of pointing to Cronin starting.
True this does ultimately need to be chalked up to "wait and see";)

cy43
02-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Some guy at 86.0.163.175 at 9:45PM today?
This guy's from the future. no wonder he knew already, I think to him it might not be premature:rolleyes:

haha this makes me laugh alot... well played sir!

Maybe 3-5-2 at home, but I still like 4-4-2 on the road. I think Velez could do a job if someone was commanding him. Serioux seems like a Bad mofo who would liek to do this but who knows.

I also think it should be vitti/barrett up top with Dichio coming on around 65

BUTTTT what do I know.

Ageroo
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Not done yet?

http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/serioux-to-toronto/

come on Gabe...never trust a Texan......:D

rocker
So if this deal comes through, regarding our defense compared to last year...

Todd Dunivant -- not really replaced.. but he barely played and when he did he played some left wing... so no loss there.
Marshall -- Serioux is better than Marshall, younger, cheaper
James -- Nana is better than James, younger, cheaper, more upside.

Not bad. I'm also hoping for continued improvement from Marvell... and if Mo signs a decent trialist defender the team is looking pretty darn good from back to front.

T_Mizz
i think the safe bet is

I agree with this except I'd play it in a diamond with Robbo dropping to a DM and Guevara moving up to an AM and possibly switching DeRo and Ricketts as I believe they have more experience at left and right, respectively

Broadview
02-23-2009, 05:36 PM
come on Gabe...never trust a Texan......:D

I know, when people aren't looking I do like to mess with Texas, even though you're not supposed to.

That is a decent blog though.

tfcmanu
02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Serioux to Toronto? 2.0

February 23rd, 2009 . By: Buzz Carrick ...WHAT TIME WAS THIS NEWS REPORTED AT?

As was mentioned earlier this week, the Adrian Serioux to Toronto rumors that have persisted all winter have picked up new momentum. Now it’s gotten to the point Goff says FCD is planning to send Serioux to TFC for an allocation and a draft pick.

I checked with FCD sources this afternoon and am told there has been discussion with Toronto about Serioux but that no deal is done at this time.

However the fact this renewed chatter and talk about a possible deal has come the same week we have seen an extensive Marcelo Saragosa try out at right back and a Drew Moor appearance wide right can’t be a coincidence.

Serioux has long expressed a desire to play in Canada, once having gotten taken by TFC in the expansion draft only to be caught off guard by an immediate trade to Dallas.

http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/serioux-to-toronto/ (http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/serioux-to-toronto/)

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Ives was supposedly even more solid but this is more recent AND the wiki has been changed (from the future mind you) so its concrete now
Apparently the talks are quite recent, perhaps more recent than last Ives checked, my apologies to him

gmacpheetfc
02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
----------sutton-----------
wynee----serioux----Jimi B
------Cronin----Robo-------
Guevra--------------Ricketts
------------Dero--------------
----Barrett------------Vitti---

will never happen since no one on earth plays with 3 at the back but hey you never know

but wynne pushing forward would move amado towards the middle his natural pos.

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I know, when people aren't looking I do like to mess with Texas, even though you're not supposed to.

That is a decent blog though.
I hear Texas has an STD which is why you're not supposed to mess with it, I hope for your sake you had protection:D

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
wynee----serioux----Jimi B
------Cronin----Robo-------
Ricketts--------------guevara
----Barrett------------Vitti---

will never happen since no one on earth plays with 3 at the back but hey you never know
Its been brought up and I think NE plays it if I'm not mistaken, but it's also been said that Wynne doesn't fit in at DF in a 3-5-2

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I think that the only thing we need in order for this to be official, (besides being on the official TFC page) is the footy blog to report it as done

Lucky Strike
02-23-2009, 05:52 PM

Actually, if you're not logged in to Wikipedia, the date stamps are GMT (i.e. 5 hours ahead of us). Maybe that explains it.

Jeff s
02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Unless TFC attacks the ball with this formation

(Velez?)----serioux----Jimi B
------Guevara----Robo-------
Wynne--------------Ricketts
----Dichio------------Vitti---

and when they are off the ball, they pull back Wynne.

----------------sutton-----------
wynee---(Velez?)----serioux----Jimi B
----------Guevara----Robo-------
Dero------------------------Ricketts
--------------------------
--------Dichio------------Vitti---

:noidea:

gmacpheetfc
02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Garcia??----serioux----Jimi B

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Garcia??----serioux----Jimi B
I dunno about this whole Guevara as DM thing it doesn't suit him

DigzTFC!
02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Serioux can pass the ball. That will be the biggest asset considering we will be playing on the ground this year. I also believe there will be a signing aside from Serioux.

Marc"2L"
02-23-2009, 06:03 PM
We're not playing a 3-5-2. Stop it.

cy43
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Yea... I know this morning when Ives talked about the portugese trialist, i forgot his name at the moment, he said there was a centre back being announced in 1-2 weeks i think? But he also said no Seiroux... soo.... the plot thickens as they say.

Nuvinho
02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
One more CB is probably coming in as well.

loconet
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM

Agreed. 3 at the back is silly.

By the way, the guy who edited that wiki entry is from the UK. What do they know over there?

mighty_torontofc_2008
02-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Chances are no he would not...but a win is a win..

Jack
02-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Once again people, this isn't FIFA09.

Marvell Wynne can't play as one of the three in a three-man backline and even Jimmy B would be less than ideal there.

As has been said, maybe when we're on the attack we'll see something like this:

and when they are off the ball, they pull back Wynne.

----------------sutton-----------
wynee---(Velez?)----serioux----Jimi B
----------Guevara----Robo-------
Dero------------------------Ricketts
--------------------------
--------Dichio------------Vitti---

:noidea:

Guevara would not be a DM in this setup but rather a CM, a role which he performed admirably last season, while the true DM would be Robbo. Guevara showed me he can track back and win the ball and turn the play around.

Wynne's speed would allow him to join the attack out wide (as he usually does) and then track back to help on defence. I'd still prefer another, more solid CB than Velez.

So I think we'll see what we've seen for the past two seasons. A 4-4-2 with a speedy right back running overlaps and hopefully getting sprung down the right side by passing from Guevara or De Rosario. Then of course we'll need to be sure he's got some options when he does get upfield, so having Barrett and Vitti up there will be key with their quickness.

TFC_Chris
02-23-2009, 07:00 PM

Ask an Expert # 6 - Sept 17, 2008

"Which team's style of play do you most want to emulate?"

JC's Answer:
"Back in Newcastle when we were known as 'The Entertainers'. 4-4-2 system. Attacking, attractive football where we didn't mind what the score was so long as we won, and we won most games, so 4-3 or 3-2 classics. That's the style of play I'd like to play."

Four 4 Two
02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Either way..........I'M LOVIN THE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Flipityflu
02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
more Serioux talk

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2009/02/23/dobson_tfc/

Nuvinho
02-23-2009, 07:25 PM
I think its closer to being complete. More and more reports coming out now.

DOMIN8R
02-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Is Dobson actually there in person?

Azerban
02-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Ask an Expert # 6 - Sept 17, 2008

"Which team's style of play do you most want to emulate?"

JC's Answer:
"Back in Newcastle when we were known as 'The Entertainers'. 4-4-2 system. Attacking, attractive football where we didn't mind what the score was so long as we won, and we won most games, so 4-3 or 3-2 classics. That's the style of play I'd like to play."

lovin it when people are thoroughly proven wrong

JDG
02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Re the wiki update:
9:45pm in England is 4:45pm here. The IP that was posted is from NOTTINGHAM UK
Where's Pat living these days?

TFC_Toon
02-23-2009, 08:05 PM
I think its closer to being complete. More and more reports coming out now.

Agreed, this looks to be on doesn't it.

BleedRed
02-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Yea, he's also on the Toronto FC wiki site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_fc

TFC OZZ
02-23-2009, 08:15 PM

This is the line-up that I would use, and have been saying for a while, with two defensive midfielder's right in front of the defence, it's almost like having 5 at the back when the ball's in our end of the field.

ginkster88
02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Damn this team is looking good these days. What was our starting lineup in May last year again?

--------------Sutton------------------
----Wynne---Boyens---Marshall---Brennan
----O'Brien---Edu---Robbo---Dunivant
-----------Dichio--Cunningham----------

We're definitely getting much better.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-23-2009, 08:30 PM

agreed, itll never never happen unless its absolutely necessary.
Cronins not going to start unless Robbo is gone. Yes he is admired but hes never played an MLS game in his life and we do not have the CBs to play 3-5-2 (this argument like the Robbo as a CB argument needs to disappear, i dunno why i always take part in it).

we will see 4-4-2 (or the 4-1-3-2 variation)

----------------sutton---------------
Wynne/Garcia---Serioux---Velez---Brennan----
---------------Robbo-----------------
Ricketts-------Guevara--------DeRo------
--------Vitti-----------Barrett-----------

DeRo will not be playing the typical winger style/position

Regardless psyched and worried about the Serioux signing (ie injuries and call ups, how do we avoid both)

Stryker
02-23-2009, 08:38 PM
From what I've read Garcia is a definite upgrade on Velez.
On opening day I'd like to see:

----------------Frei---------------
Wynne---Serioux---Garcia---Brennan--
Ricketts-------Guevara--------DeRo----
--------Vitti-----------Barrett---------

TFC 420
02-23-2009, 08:39 PM
From what I've read Garcia is a definite upgrade on Velez.
Im hoping to see:

----------------Frei---------------
Wynne---Serioux---Garcia---Brennan--
Ricketts-------Guevara--------DeRo----
--------Vitti-----------Barrett---------
Perfect! but Garcia doesn't play CB.

cy43
02-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Damn this team is looking good these days. What was our starting lineup in May last year again?

--------------Sutton------------------
----Wynne---Boyens---Marshall---Brennan
----O'Brien---Edu---Robbo---Dunivant
-----------Dichio--Cunningham----------

We're definitely getting much better.

Wasn't Samuel in there somewhere? and Joey melo? no obrien either?

Regardless we are much improvedd

Stryker
02-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Perfect! but Garcia doesn't play CB.
And DeRo doesn't play Striker or RM.
Trust me, Garcia plays CB.

hodgkiss
02-23-2009, 08:45 PM
i still like this better...

------------------------Sutton-----------------------
-----------------Harmse----Serioux----------------
----Wynne---------Robinson----------Brennan--
--Ricketts----------Guevara---------DeRo-------

i think cronin should be out and harmse in. and if you look at who carver played today i think this resembles more to who was playing seeing cronin was only in for 1/2 the game. we have to play 4 guys in the back. with robinson maybe more as a defensive mid, we can run both brennan and wynne up the wing for support to dero and ricketts - as they did last year.

i like this a lot. it gives us a lot of versatility and become defensive or offensive on the turn of a dime.

Stryker
02-23-2009, 08:48 PM
i still like this better...

-----------------Harmse----Serioux----------------
----Wynne---------Robinson----------Brennan--
--Ricketts----------Guevara---------DeRo-------

:smilielol5:

You've never heard of the lobbed through ball have you?

Jeff s
02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Garcia has some qualities to play as a CB. But back in his SPorting days, I always remembered him playing as a RB. I cant remember any, if any games him being played in the middle.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Serioux is defintly an upgrade over Marshall......

In MO WE TRUST! ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
yeah from what ive read Garcia is a RCB, so he mostly plays RB but can play CB. Hes only 510 which isnt that tall for a CB but hes no midget either.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Im sure that his background will allow for him to be technically a better CB than most in this league (by technically i mean on the ball as well as positioning etc)

jloome
02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Well, not to be the wet blanket, but Serioux's history as a CB isn't exactly stellar. His best performances professionally have bene as a defensive midfielder and, for most of the last two seasons, at right back. And we already have a right back.

He's very much a Harmse style of player, just marginally more careful. Both are decent tacklers but neither is aerially commanding. Both are strong. It may be that Carver expects substantially improved distribution from the back by converting two defensive-minded midfielders (and yes, I'm aware Serioux has played there for the nats, but he hasn't looked strong there in MLS, which is why he was moved to right back.)

He's an improvement for the squad, don't get me wrong. But he's not the line-commanding veteran centre half we've been talking about on here for the last two months.

Oblio2
02-23-2009, 10:58 PM
One thing Serioux is, is a wanker...he's a scrapper and will fight for us. This team needs heart and more players who will stand up and say "NO..we WILL take this game and we will not let them take us in our house"

He's half decent and has heart-go for it. Plus, He's a Canuck who wants to play for the Reds...I know that!

jloome
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Im sure that his background will allow for him to be technically a better CB than most in this league (by technically i mean on the ball as well as positioning etc)

True, and he's six foot, so he might have some presence on crosses as well.

billyfly
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
So I am gonna guess from what I've read that this is not official?

jloome
02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
So I am gonna guess from what I've read that this is not official?

Nah, but it's Goff from the Washington Post reporting it, so it's a dead cert, more or less.

DigzTFC!
02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
I can't recall watching too many Dallas games with him playing CB, but with the Nats he was really good in my opinion. Great distributor, good tackler, good on the ball, serviceable aerially, good positionally, not the fastest but faster than Marshall.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-23-2009, 11:23 PM
not to mention the fact its been floating around for a long while

billyfly
02-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Quite a little Team Canada Mo is building then. NEE and Serioux kiss and make up?

nascarguy
02-23-2009, 11:26 PM

:noidea:yes wynne need to play midfield or he will never be ready to play oversea in england's epl

GeorgeB
02-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Quite a little Team Canada Mo is building then. NEE and Serioux kiss and make up? forgiveness is a strong quality. ;)

Keegan
02-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I am down with this...I think he is a solid back, nothing spectacular.

The only problem I have is that our team is beginning to look like the CMNT and I dread to think what will happen when there is an international date.

We have two CMNT players. Sutton and Brennan won't be called to the national team anymore, I think Attakora-Gyan has a better shot but honestly.

Serioux and DeRo. That is it! Serioux might even be dropped for younger defenders such as Hainault and Edgar. I hope not though.

I'd worry more about other internationals such as Guevara, Wynne, Robinson, White?, Richardson?

Bigger problem with the international players then TFC canucks

nascarguy
02-23-2009, 11:53 PM
not mo needs to get us kenny cooper

T_Mizz
02-23-2009, 11:58 PM
^No Mo needs to get Will Johnson

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Mo needs to get Kaka

nascarguy
02-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Mo needs to get Kaka
your on dugs he did not go to man city for 100m he not coming here

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 12:11 AM
im being facetious.
In being facetious im suggesting the two prior posts to mine are just as unrealistic

dantdot
02-24-2009, 12:13 AM
So it looks like it's official now. Has this been posted yet? http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/serioux-traded-to-tfc/

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Nice one!

Nuvinho
02-24-2009, 12:15 AM
^^ good one.

but I doubt he is on a plane to Canada as they say in the article....hahaha :)

Yagbod
02-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Is it still on?

This just posted on : http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/serioux-to-toronto/
February 23rd, 2009 . 3:13 pm . By: Buzz Carrick (buzz@3rddegree.net)

Edit: As of about 10 PM tonight we’re learned this story is no longer accurate.
As was mentioned earlier this week (http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/120-fahrenheit-looming-answers/), the Adrian Serioux to Toronto rumors that have persisted all winter have picked up new momentum. Now it’s gotten to the point Goff says FCD is planning to send Serioux to TFC for an allocation and a draft pick (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/02/serioux_to_toronto.html?wprss=soccerinsider)."

Big Bruva
02-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Very good news, i just hope DeRo and Adrian don't get too distracted off pitch.

It can be bad news sometimes when players come home to play in terms of concentration level with friends and family etc

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 12:33 AM
good point, i do think they are professionals and the fact they are home will propel them to work harder, they dont want to fail in front of their friends and families

Big Bruva
02-24-2009, 12:48 AM
good point, i do think they are professionals and the fact they are home will propel them to work harder, they dont want to fail in front of their friends and families

Ya i have heard that many times lol and thats the professional thing to say to the media but i have seen it happen many times lol

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 12:56 AM
HAHAHA
dont jinx it!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 12:57 AM
watch DeRo get all fat from Roti and curried chan, Serioux from goat and plantain

Boris
02-24-2009, 01:00 AM
watch DeRo get all fat from Roti and curried chan, Serioux from goat and plantain

:lol:
oh man....a good laugh at this time is great

Roogsy
02-24-2009, 01:00 AM
We have two CMNT players. Sutton and Brennan won't be called to the national team anymore, I think Attakora-Gyan has a better shot but honestly.

Serioux and DeRo. That is it! Serioux might even be dropped for younger defenders such as Hainault and Edgar. I hope not though.

I'd worry more about other internationals such as Guevara, Wynne, Robinson, White?, Richardson?

Bigger problem with the international players then TFC canucks

I agree if DM stays, there won't be much danger of many Canadian players on TFC being called up. But stranger things have happened and you never know and the CSA may pull their collective heads out of their asses and drop DM. Or even less likely, DM will do the honourable thing and leave (yeah I know, I have a better chance of making the CMNT than DM quitting) but should any of those things happen and a new guy is brought in, I think we could see TFC players and the CSA reconsider and start mending fences.

Add to that the other internationals you mention and yeah, we got a problem.

Considering all the internationals we have...this is actualy a good team on paper and SHOULD contend. If we don't make the playoffs, it will be a severe disappointment.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 01:01 AM
HAHAHA
im kinda hungry now

Ageroo
02-24-2009, 01:02 AM

You know that's how West Indians Roll.......! :D

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 01:03 AM
You know that's how West Indians Roll.......! :D

HAHAHA
its definitely one of the best, seriously im really hungry here, HAHA

Big Bruva
02-24-2009, 01:19 AM

Exactly, home coking is part of that whole deal lol

trust me i have seen it happen, you really think it was 100% coz Shaun wanted to earn his spot at Chelsea why he wanted to stay in London lol? nope.

Redpunkfiddle
02-24-2009, 01:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc09yuc07YI

It had to be done.

Laurignano
02-24-2009, 01:45 AM
----wynne-------Harmse----Serioux-------Brennan------
--------------------Robinson------------------
------------Guevara---------DeRo---------------
---Ricketts--------------------------------------
-----------Barret------------------Vitti------------

That is the formation I see us running with most likely. Instead of having DeRo Playing as a RM, I could can only see him playing as a Center midfield type of player. So you place him and Guevera in the center of the midfield, play rickets on the wing as the more attacking option and Robinson in the DM positon to help solidify the backline and run the midfield.

Or even playing

----wynne-------Harmse----Serioux-------Brennan------
--------------------Robinson------------------
------------ Ricketts--------Guevara------------
---------------------Dero-----------------------
-----------Barret------------------Vitti------------

And you could still have Ricketts playing more out to the wing. I just dont see Guevera or Dero playing as wing players for TFC.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 01:50 AM
they wont, youre right on that, DeRo will prob play on the outside and Guevara down the middle. Ricketts willbe the only true winger in our mid (in that formation which i assume will be the regular starting 11), DeRo does have a tendency to run up the side but its rare that he crosses em in, it just means he will run em in and either shoot or pass it off to one of our many attacking players

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Exactly, home coking is part of that whole deal lol

trust me i have seen it happen, you really think it was 100% coz Shaun wanted to earn his spot at Chelsea why he wanted to stay in London lol? nope.

HAHAHA
I have no doubts

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 01:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc09yuc07YI

It had to be done.

such a dirty tackle.
i love it.
and hes all ours now

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 02:00 AM
The deal was in the hands of MLS head office as of earlier this evening so I guess they pushed it through.
Welcome home Adrian.
I hear that another CB will be signed before the team heads off to Charleston and at least 1 (and possibly 2) current defender(s) will be cut loose to make room on the roster
From VPjr on 3rd Degree
http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/serioux-traded-to-tfc/comment-page-1/#comment-16333

curious to see whos next, id assume we sign Garcia but who are we going to get rid of??

dantdot
02-24-2009, 02:11 AM
From VPjr on 3rd Degree
http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/02/serioux-traded-to-tfc/comment-page-1/#comment-16333

curious to see whos next, id assume we sign Garcia but who are we going to get rid of??

Hopefully the Velez experiment is over, he just isn't up to it.

Canary Canuck
02-24-2009, 02:16 AM

But then who's going to translate for Pablo Vitti?? Oh wait... Amado speaks spanish too. Yeah, boot Velez!

Laurignano
02-24-2009, 02:18 AM
And who says they need to speak spanish? The best way for the kid to learn English is if hes forced too.

zeelaw
02-24-2009, 02:29 AM
FOOTYBLOG REPORTING IT...Sort of?
http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/archive/2009/02/24/9854.aspx

migo073
02-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Mo has found another piece to the puzzle (pending approval) to help TFC take that next step to the playoffs! Nice!

:canada:

werewolf
02-24-2009, 08:09 AM
But then who's going to translate for Pablo Vitti?? Oh wait... Amado speaks spanish too. Yeah, boot Velez!

but who is going to translate for Amado!?!

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 08:16 AM

Another misconception. Velez was never brought in to be a starter in the first place. He earned it on a temp basis until Tebily was supposed to take over....but it didn't pan out that way. But the fact remains, Velez was hired to come off the bench from the get go...

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 08:20 AM
^^ Pretty sure he was meant to be cover for Marvell when he went with the USMNT last year.

cuecas_red
02-24-2009, 08:22 AM
but who is going to translate for Amado!?!
his wife! or that one guy in the office Ceasar?

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 08:27 AM
^^ CV2 most likely.

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 08:30 AM
^^ Pretty sure he was meant to be cover for Marvell when he went with the USMNT last year.

yeah you're right I think. Point is he went from being a support player, playing above his means and earning praise as an overachieving underdog last year (Marco!.....Velez!, and all that good stuff)...to being crucifued on this board for not performing as a championship level central back within 12 months....the logic on this boards is backwards sometimes

Still Kicking
02-24-2009, 08:30 AM
I am not sure that the arrival of Serioux = departure of anyone. I do not see myself as an expert on this - so correct me please. Here is what I figure - The roster has a max of 24, 20 Senior and 4 development. My guesses on development =*
I figure 3 keepers Sutton, Edwards, Frei*
7 defenders - Brennan, Wynne, Serioux, Harmse, Velez, Attakora*, TBA
8 midfielders - Robinson, Guevara, DeRo, Cronin, Ricketts, Smith, Gala*, Hall*
5 strikers - Dichio, Vitti, Barrett, Ibrahim*, White (injury - does he have to be on a roster??
Have I forgotten someone ??
This adds up to 23, so there would be room for 1 more. I obviously have not calculated International - American - Canadian levels or begun to calculate the dreaded salary cap. I leave that to the expertise of others.

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
No need to correct...you are an expert on this :)

Lucky Strike
02-24-2009, 08:43 AM
^^ good one.

but I doubt he is on a plane to Canada as they say in the article....hahaha :)

Actually, it says he's on a plane to Sunrise, where TFC is training.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
yeah gotta say youve put it pretty straight.
I would assume that one of the two spots will prob go to Garcia and the second is being fought for by Richardson, the slovak and the haitian (and any other trialists)

TicTacTabarnack
02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
^^ CV2 most likely.

LMAO! Cheaper than salary and opens up cap space!!

Hitcho
02-24-2009, 09:26 AM
You can't seriously hope to play 3-5-2 with two full backs in the back 3, when many decent sides struggle to play that way with three CBs in the back three. We'd be taken to pieces, and having two DCMs in front of them won't matter one bit because they can only shield the back line, not form a backline themselves.

I'd be mighty surprised to see us playing 3-5-2 with our current lack of CBs and the quality FBs we have, plus it's a hard system to play well and not leak goals like a sieve. Given hwo many costly late goals we leaked last season, I would think JC is looking to shore up at the back and I am pretty certain we'll play a flat back four with RObbo or Cronin in front (probably Robbo, at least to begin with).

I think the Hacken game was an insight to our lineup: 4-1-3-2 with Robbo in front of the defence, De Ro, Amado and RR roaming in front of him and two strikers from DD, Vitti and Barrett depending on who we are playing.

Nuvinho
02-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Dobson said Garcia may not even make it.

I think that if JC wanted to see more of Garcia, he would of played him for more than 45 minutes, unless he didn't want to push him too much his first practice.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Im not going to take Dobbos word for it, he writes ok and means well but hes not my favorite source for info regarding TFC

Tintin
02-24-2009, 09:37 AM
I am not sure that the arrival of Serioux = departure of anyone. I do not see myself as an expert on this - so correct me please. Here is what I figure - The roster has a max of 24, 20 Senior and 4 development. My guesses on development =*
5 strikers - Dichio, Vitti, Barrett, Ibrahim*, White (injury - does he have to be on a roster??
This adds up to 23, so there would be room for 1 more. I obviously have not calculated International - American - Canadian levels or begun to calculate the dreaded salary cap. I leave that to the expertise of others.

What about that guy from Gyana, Richardson from Joe Public? he could be in instead of White who is on IR.

Nuvinho
02-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Im not going to take Dobbos word for it, he writes ok and means well but hes not my favorite source for info regarding TFC

from ives site:
Garcia struggled against the strong Hacken forwards. Rookie Sam Cronin replaced Garcia at half-time and played at right back.

anto7
02-24-2009, 09:41 AM
from ives site:
Garcia struggled against the strong Hacken forwards. Rookie Sam Cronin replaced Garcia at half-time and played at right back.
Sounds like they tried Garcia in the centre of defense with Harmes playing right back then they switched Harmes to the centre at half time.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 09:41 AM
yeah i was just about to post that.
Im curious as to whether he struggled cuz hes not matchfit/still injured or because hes just not a good player

anto7
02-24-2009, 09:42 AM
yeah i was just about to post that.
Im curious as to whether he struggled cuz hes not matchfit/still injured or because hes just not a good player
Perhaps he is just not suited to playing on the centre ?.

Nuvinho
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
remember if JC doesn't like your play, he is quick to pull you...ie. the columbians last year.

I think Garcia could go the way of Kenton.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 09:46 AM
45 mins is alot of time, i think the colombians were off within 10 mins.
It does sorta sound like youre right tho Nuvinho, i guess we will find out tho...

T_Mizz
02-24-2009, 09:49 AM
I count 5 dev actually not to nitpick;)

ben_vw
02-24-2009, 09:49 AM
45 mins is alot of time, i think the colombians were off within 10 mins.
It does sorta sound like youre right tho Nuvinho, i guess we will find out tho...

Pacheco got a full 45

TFC_Chris
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM

Don't forget that both Frei and Ibbi are GA and don't count against the numbers. So there are 22 spots open according to your list, of which you can probably add Richardson (they wouldn't hold onto him this long unless they were serious) and an additional CB coming in.

Nuvinho
02-24-2009, 10:14 AM
^^ They do count in terms of roster spots, don't count agaisnt the cap.

Ageroo
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Don't forget that both Frei and Ibbi are GA and don't count against the numbers. So there are 22 spots open according to your list, of which you can probably add Richardson (they wouldn't hold onto him this long unless they were serious) and an additional CB coming in.

I agree that for them to keep Richardson for so long leads me to believe he is potentially going to be slotted into the roster.....

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
^^ Isn't that what people said about Kiki last year? (re length of stay)

TFC_Chris
02-24-2009, 10:16 AM
^^^
My bad then. I was under the impression that they didn't take up a roster spot as well, which is why so many GAs are taken early in the draft every year.

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 10:18 AM
They definitely take up a roster spot, but don't count against the cap. Still a huge bonus if you can work them into your squad.

werewolf
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
^^ Isn't that what people said about Kiki last year? (re length of stay)

Kiki left on his own.

drewski
02-24-2009, 10:22 AM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090115&content_id=212663&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

A huge benefit for the Major League Soccer teams are that Generation adidas players do not count against a club's salary cap.

"The salary benefit is a big factor, but in terms of selecting and identifying the top picks in this country there's a pretty decent process," said Red Bulls technical director Jeff Agoos, who selected Jeremy Hall of Maryland and Generation adidas with the 11th overall pick. "It can always be improved, of course, but it's a credit to those guys coming through Generation adidas and all the college and MLS coaches going through the pretty stringent process of selecting. I think its working."

Of the nine players in this year's class, four were among the top six players selected in the 2009 MLS SuperDraft and seven were picked in the first round.

"Their value is definitely enhanced a bit because they are non-roster counting players," Seattle Sounders FC coach Sigi Schmid said. "Generation adidas players always have a bit of a premium."

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Kiki left on his own.

Which has nothing to do with what I said.

(re length of stay)

Or did you not read that?

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 10:27 AM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090115&content_id=212663&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

From MLS's rules site:

(B) DEVELOPMENTAL ROSTER
MLS teams shall not have more than four (4) Developmental players on their Developmental Roster at any time (unless a player is added as a disabled list replacement or season-ending injury replacement). Developmental players can be either Domestic or International and must be 25 years of age or younger during the calendar year of competition. These players do not count against a team's salary budget. They are signed to non-guaranteed contracts, and thus can be waived at any time. Teams are permitted an unlimited number of Developmental player signings during a given season to ensure all four Developmental Roster spots are occupied at any one time.
Generation adidas players and Domestic and International underclassmen form part of a team's Developmental Roster. They are acquired by MLS teams through the SuperDraft, Lottery, Discovery or waiver system (see below) if they join the League after the SuperDraft. For 2009, if a team has more than four (4) Generation adidas players on its Developmental Roster, then the additional Generation adidas players would be grandfathered and count against a team's 20-player Senior Roster (with no budget charge).

werewolf
02-24-2009, 10:31 AM
whoops, thought you could put 2 and 2 together.

Richardson is being kept around, much like Kiki last year. A possible indication that the team wants him to be part of the club, but if he leaves its on his own accord. Both players were of interest to the club, but what can not be predicted or connected is the intentions of the player.

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 10:31 AM
...and thank God he did (wrt to Kiki)

The moral of this story is although the MLS isn't a top flight league yet, even we now underestimate the level of talent on our club and in the MLS. We assume (me included) that any player from a top division in footy can come in and make an impact in the MLS, but we see more and more that this is simply not the case anymore. Gone are the days of Esky and Cunny caliber footballers succeeding in this league. Bex was a good (not great) player in this league and he's of the same quality (a year more over 30) in the Serie A. This is great news (I think) especially for TFC, as we are the king of this castle as far as being an influencial club in this league....and now the castle is getting stronger.

Damn coffee

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 10:37 AM
...and back on topic - I'm just salivating at our opportunities in the attacking third with the throwins we'd be getting from bothe Wynne and Serioux.

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 10:43 AM
...and back on topic - I'm just salivating at our opportunities in the attacking third with the throwins we'd be getting from bothe Wynne and Serioux.

Rory Delap what? ;)

Still Kicking
02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Not nitpicking at all - 5 development * reflects my attempts at guessing who will be on the list of 4 rather than a glitch in my math skills
Reading Shaugno's quote of the MLS development rules has me scratching my head a little. So Gen Adidas have to be on development roster unless you have more than 4 ?
That seems to lessen the salary cap help a Gen Adidas player can give since non Gen Adidas development players are also not part of cap calculations.
The other complication is Attakora and Gala getting federal money as Olympic team members as well as the Lombardo trap - if they go Senior roster they complicate university status.

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Rory Delap what? ;)

yeah and it's an under appreciated art....what other set piece allows you to be in an offside position and get away with it?

S_D
02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
just reading a separate article on Ives about FC Dallas' acquisition of Ferreira, at the bottom of the article,

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/02/fc-dallas-set-to-sign-colombian-playmaker.html

The Ferreira acquisition comes a day after FC Dallas shipped defender Adrian Serioux to Toronto FC for allocation money. Dallas had been approached by Houston and San Jose about Serioux, but ultimately dealt the Canadian-born defender to TFC.

no mention of a draft pick

Steve
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Not nitpicking at all - 5 development * reflects my attempts at guessing who will be on the list of 4 rather than a glitch in my math skills
Reading Shaugno's quote of the MLS development rules has me scratching my head a little. So Gen Adidas have to be on development roster unless you have more than 4 ?
That seems to lessen the salary cap help a Gen Adidas player can give since non Gen Adidas development players are also not part of cap calculations.
The other complication is Attakora and Gala getting federal money as Olympic team members as well as the Lombardo trap - if they go Senior roster they complicate university status.

I think the benefit is in the caliber of player you're getting. Gen Adidas players can be paid a lot of money (wasn't Wynne on something like 150k as GA?) but still be dev roster (max of 17700). That means you can have starter quality players not counting, instead of true developmental projects.

DVS
02-24-2009, 11:04 AM
http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/imgs/bios/photos/serioux_bio.jpg

didn't this guy ^^^

give you this

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/430062/2/istockphoto_430062_middle_finger.jpg

and now many seem happy. I don't get it :noidea:

Ageroo
02-24-2009, 11:08 AM
whoops, thought you could put 2 and 2 together.

Richardson is being kept around, much like Kiki last year. A possible indication that the team wants him to be part of the club, but if he leaves its on his own accord. Both players were of interest to the club, but what can not be predicted or connected is the intentions of the player.

As far as I know he is very eager to land with an MLS squad.....so my bet is he will stick around....alot of buzz regarding him landing a contract with the Guyanese news articles......A big deal for internationals from smaller FIFA nations.......I for one hope he will stay. Always good to have an arsenal of attackers.....and I want to make a Guyanese banner for him and DeRo as well......bridging the two countries and two players of Guyanese decent........bet you can't figure out what my heritage is....:p

Ageroo
02-24-2009, 11:10 AM

didn't this guy ^^^

give you this

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/430062/2/istockphoto_430062_middle_finger.jpg

Just because he flipped off opposing teams fans does not mean he is an ass.......some people like getting abused by fans...he probably is not one of them....does that mean he is bad for TFC....not in my opinion. I like fire and attitude.

Damien
02-24-2009, 11:12 AM

He's Canadian and Torontonian... besides, i give people the finger daily.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
yeah i would imagine (and hope) that people will get over Serioux giving the finger real quick.

JonO
02-24-2009, 11:23 AM
And we were giving him shit. What don't you get? Playing for the opposition he is open to abuse. Once he puts on TFC red he's one of us. Not too complicated for you is it?

Ageroo
yeah i would imagine (and hope) that people will get over Serioux giving the finger real quick.

The way I look at it is villain when not on your team hero when he is......:canada:

TorontoBlades
I give people in Toronto the finger every day....and I fully expect to be welcomed here as a footballer when hell freezes over

DVS
02-24-2009, 11:26 AM
And we were giving him shit. What don't you get? Playing for the opposition he is open to abuse. Once he puts on TFC red he's one of us. Not too complicated for you is it?

So since he was a scarb boy .. a canadian .. a National did the finger feel a little easier to take when he gave it as the opposition?

S_D
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM

If he had been playing for TFC and given the "salute" to NYRB fans he would have been immortalized and considered a TFC legend.

If you can't get over it go cry to momma :D

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 11:30 AM
The way I look at it is villain when not on your team hero when he is......:canada:

HAAHAHA
thats pretty much it
I think Bruv put it best when he said Serioux is a ride or die type of cat

canadian_bhoy
02-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Not sure if it has been posted yet, but Ives is reporting that the deal for serioux is complete.

Also - Setanta Sports is going to be free in March!

Luanda
02-24-2009, 11:31 AM
OFFICIAL YET or not?

Ageroo
02-24-2009, 11:32 AM
So since he was a scarb boy .. a canadian .. a National did the finger feel a little easier to take when he gave it as the opposition?

Why are you so hung up on this.......? It makes no difference where he is from or nationality...the fact of the matter was that he was an oppsing player and we were giving it to him....he didn't like it, which is his right. He acted in the heat of the moment and flipped them off. Just because he is a local does not mean he should completely be void of emotion from abuse.

Pigfynn
Just for March? lol

canadian_bhoy
OFFICIAL YET or not?

I think Ives posting it is pretty official

Damien
If it's not official im giving all of you the finger.

Ageroo
02-24-2009, 11:33 AM
If it's not official im giving all of you the finger.

haha...then I refuse to support your board posts from now on! :D

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 11:33 AM

I think so - we got on him, and I can surely understand a bit of frustration at being heckled at your own home town. If anything it means he values the supporters in T.O. and should therefore work harder to bring cheers while he is at the club

Lucky Strike
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
just reading a separate article on Ives about FC Dallas' acquisition of Ferreira, at the bottom of the article,

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/02/fc-dallas-set-to-sign-colombian-playmaker.html

no mention of a draft pick

Interesting. I just wish someone (i.e. either club) would come out and say it's officially official.

DVS
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Why are you so hung up on this.......? It makes no difference where he is from or nationality...the fact of the matter was that he was an oppsing player and we were giving it to him....he didn't like it, which is his right. He acted in the heat of the moment and flipped them off. Just because he is a local does not mean he should completely be void of emotion from abuse.

I'm not hung up on it. Its like the first time on this forum I have ever asked this question.

I think its the topic that puts a little bit of venom in your posting attributes

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 11:36 AM

how about the free Setanta?

T_Mizz
02-24-2009, 11:39 AM
I routinely give my own mother the finger:D

Steve
02-24-2009, 11:40 AM
I think so - we got on him, and I can surely understand a bit of frustration at being heckled at your own home town. If anything it means he values the supporters in T.O. and should therefore work harder to bring cheers while he is at the club

Exactly. I don't really understand the mentality of many fans regarding this. I mean, we say ridiculously offensive things to the players (not that I'm complaining). Used to throw streamers at them. Some people throw/threw beer and other containers at them. Then, when players DARE to react, for example:

- some people complained that Reyna turned around and pointed to his name after people were chanting "who are ya" at him, which I think was hilarious

- Altidore giving the "shhh" motion to TFC supporters in his own stadium

- Serioux giving supporters the finger

People get all up in arms and righteous? Seriously? "How dare they! They're pros, they should take everything we throw at them without flinching!" Come on people, if you can give it, you should be able to take it right back. As far as I'm concerned, anything that happened with Serioux is water under the bridge. I don't expect him to hold a grudge against our fans for giving him a hard time, so why should we hold a grudge against him?

canadian_bhoy
02-24-2009, 11:41 AM
how about the free Setanta?

Not sure if you have to call or if it will just be on automatically, but if you go to www.soccerbyives.net (http://www.soccerbyives.net) you will see the ad on the left side

TorontoBlades
Exactly. I don't really understand the mentality of many fans regarding this. I mean, we say ridiculously offensive things to the players (not that I'm complaining). Used to throw streamers at them. Some people throw/threw beer and other containers at them. Then, when players DARE to react, for example:

- some people complained that Reyna turned around and pointed to his name after people were chanting "who are ya" at him, which I think was hilarious

People get all up in arms and righteous? Seriously? "How dare they! They're pros, they should take everything we throw at them without flinching!" Come on people, if you can give it, you should be able to take it right back. As far as I'm concerned, anything that happened with Serioux is water under the bridge. I don't expect him to hold a grudge against our fans for giving him a hard time, so why should we hold a grudge against him?

Word to Big Bird - that's put nicely

Ageroo
I'm not hung up on it. Its like the first time on this forum I have ever asked this question.

I think its the topic that puts a little bit of venom in your posting attributes

No intention of an attack on you.....sorry for that.....just irks me a little that people(not specifically you) get bent when it comes to Serioux and the incident.

I say welcome him with open arms now......he is our man now and I can't wait for him to let the bird fly! :D

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Assuming Serioux deal is complete as is being reported from a few sources... anyone have a song for the lad? :lol:

canadian_bhoy
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Assuming Serioux deal is complete as is being reported from a few sources... anyone have a song for the lad? :lol:

I was thinking about reworking the lyrics from the Horto :lol:

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Not sure if you have to call or if it will just be on automatically, but if you go to www.soccerbyives.net (http://www.soccerbyives.net) you will see the ad on the left side

Thanks - this is great news...even if only for a month, it's a pretty big month for football, and a smart promotion by them to sucker a cople of us to get on for the end of the EPL season, then ask us to wait 30 days before cancelling our subscription :)

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I was thinking about reworking the lyrics from the Horto :lol:

His name works well in the song sung for Kasper Scheichel...

Oh Kasper, whoah, whoh, oh
Oh Kasper, whoah, whoh, oh
He stands between our posts
He's named after a ghost.

Lucky Strike
02-24-2009, 11:45 AM

Yup. Well said. I've never cared that he gave us the finger. If he took a dump on a TFC jersey after scoring a goal or something, then there would be a problem.

canadian_bhoy
02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
So which group is going to be first to make this banner?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ldiz6e.jpg

werewolf
02-24-2009, 11:48 AM
haha, lets do it.

Damien
02-24-2009, 11:49 AM
haha...then I refuse to support your board posts from now on! :D

*middle finger* on the house
;)

DOMIN8R
Here is the "evil" chant to accompany his tackles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zypoa4nL9Fg

It will creep everyone out!

denime

didn't this guy ^^^

give you this

No, He did not. He gave that to NEE

Reg_Sims
02-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Just happens that nobody on TFC wears #15....

Welcome aboard Mr Serioux...

Plenty of Trout
02-24-2009, 11:58 AM
I routinely give my own mother the finger:D

And your father?

Nuvinho
02-24-2009, 12:00 PM
OFFICIAL:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090224&content_id=219546&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Toronto FC announced Tuesday that they have acquired defender Adrian Serioux from FC Dallas in exchange for Toronto's natural first round 2010 MLS SuperDraft pick and allocation money.

Ben - D.O.W.
02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
It's official:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090224&content_id=219546&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Edit: Damn, beat me to it.

Nuvinho
02-24-2009, 12:03 PM
1st Round pick is a lot, but if we make the playoffs its a low pick in the 1st round (9th to 15th maybe).

Section 117

But I though Ives was the one that shot down the rumor in the first place?????

He is the be all and end all for news on the MLS according to people posting on this site???? What gives :noidea: :noidea:

Nuvinho
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=399

Video

Shaughno
02-24-2009, 12:05 PM
It's official.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_new...=.jsp&team=t280 (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090224&content_id=219546&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Ben - D.O.W.
02-24-2009, 12:06 PM

He is the be all and end all for news on the MLS according to people posting on this site???? What gives :noidea: :noidea:

For a site that is "the world of soccer with an American voice" Ives reports on a ton of TFC stuff, usually from reliable sources and before a lot of other sites get ahold of stuff. I don't remember anything coming from him that didn't pan out when it comes to Toronto.

MUFC_Niagara
02-24-2009, 12:08 PM
damn, our squad has been grealty upgraded this off season!

Ossington Mental Youth
02-24-2009, 12:09 PM

BWAHAHAHA
any other potential signings you might have heard?
(its gotta feel good to be right hey?)

Nuvinho
Section 117 cheers to you :drinking:

Now can you get working on who is the other CB?

hahaha!!!

Sab0tage
I can't wait for this season. Our squad has been improved so much. Mo has done a pretty good job thus far.

Luanda
02-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Great, let us move on. Two (2) spots still open, assuming K. Hall sticks.
One more CB and perhaps Richardson, or???

canadian_bhoy
02-24-2009, 12:10 PM
The good thing about TFC having to wait for the goons at MLS to finalize and sign the deal is that they have time to whip up a good video to go along with the announcement.

Good signing (not amazing) but good. And after the dissapointment of the Polish guy screwing us, TFC has done well to pull this together. Good job MO!!!

rocker
02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Mo totally replaced (and improved on) Tyrone Marshall with this move.

werewolf
ugh...another player that used to play in England...what a waste. Fire Mo and Carver immediately!

TorontoBlades
when they say natural - does that mean we have more than one 1st rounder for 2010?

NF-FC
02-24-2009, 12:13 PM
more scarberia boys! bring in JDG!

TorontoBlades
02-24-2009, 12:14 PM
ugh...another player that used to play in England...what a waste. Fire Mo and Carver immediately!

how about another CMNT regular to go with....

Sutts
Brennan
DeRo
Serioux

and the younger guys...
Gala
Gyan

this is good news for our national team chemistry as well....

ensco
02-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Dobson reported on the Fan590 at 10.25 this morning that Serioux was on the field at practice...thought someone would have put that up by now....guess nobody here listens to the Fan in the morning!

Re the first round pick, I'm going to guess that this is what was going on during the draft: Dallas wanted one of the our first two picks for Serioux. Maybe they would have settled for our number 13 pick plus an allocation. When Frei fell to number 13 and into Mo's lap, Dallas didn't need to draft a GK (they picked Lambo number 2 overall last year)...so either Mo pulled back or the whole thing got put on hold. Mo probably offered next year's number one instead, but Dallas probably held out for the allocation. Which would be why Mo traded Marshall for the allocation....

Obviously who knows? But it was interesting how much talk there was about more or less this exact deal during the draft.

Stryker
02-24-2009, 12:15 PM

Imagine this chant after a hard tackle:

Serioux! Serioux!
Your man had better know
That on the pitch
You'll be his bitch
Serioux! Serioux!

:D

twistedchinaman
02-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Who else is out there that's available for the CB?

Shway
02-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Finallly!!!!

twistedchinaman
02-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Imagine this chant after a hard tackle:

Serioux! Serioux!
Your man had better know
That on the pitch
You'll be his bitch
Serioux! Serioux!

:D

Not bad. :)

Not bad at all! :D

Stencils
02-24-2009, 12:18 PM
My take on this:

I'm glad we're picking up a proven well playing CB but I'm going to wait and see for myself how well he fits into the squad before passing judgement one way or the other on his character.

So, welcome to you Serioux. Let's get on with the job!

BuSaPuNk
Great news. Welcome Home Serioux!!!

Luanda
As I posted on another thread, Dichio's information was dead on!

Shway
02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
I Think we just need 1 more cb and Richardson and TFC is complete

SoccMan
02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Does Serioux's brother still work for TFC ?

NF-FC
02-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Toronto: home of the two most hazardous things to David Beckham's health, Field Turf and Serioux.

werewolf
02-24-2009, 12:20 PM
how about another CMNT regular to go with....

I was being sarcastic btw. :lol:

werewolf
02-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Toronto: home of the two most hazardous things to David Beckham's health, Field Turf and Serioux.

Banner for June 6th. :hump:

jwfm1985
02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
From the TFC website:

Adrian Serioux #15
Position: Defender
Height: 6-0
Weight: 190
Birthdate: May 12, 1970 :eek:
Hometown: Scarborough, ON
Nationality: Canadian

...obviously a typo... I hope

werewolf
02-24-2009, 12:23 PM
His birthday is May 12th? Perfect fit.

Ron Manager
02-24-2009, 12:24 PM
His birthday is May 12th? Perfect fit.

Indeed.

NF-FC
02-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Banner for June 6th. :hump:

There's no way he'll play that game. If he isn't off galavanting in Milan, he'll be sitting on the Galaxy's bench with a hangnail or sprained ovary.

Big Bruva
02-24-2009, 12:26 PM

I like this formation although there will obviously be argument about Chad starting who i think i would start. With DD in he would offer a lot of flick on's and hold up play for Vitti, DeRo, RR & Amado and now with Adrian's crazy throw in's it DD should be a target everytime he is on the pitch and maybe score a few from them like Stoke.

Big Bruva
02-24-2009, 12:32 PM

Thats right the 3 defenders should be CB's thats why i have shouted at my tele and Rafa to play Skyrtel, Carragher & Agger lol but i think with TFC and the line up that was put up it could possibly work with Wynne and Jimmy if you played both DM Robbo and Cronin but its something i would experiment with and not something i would be looking to do at the start of the season.

Carver did say he needs to figure out how to get his best players on the pitch though hmmmmmmm

gmacpheetfc
02-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Whats Serioux's FIFA 09 rating?

Pigfynn
02-24-2009, 12:38 PM
^^ You called it sec117 well done.

Big Bruva
02-24-2009, 12:39 PM

didn't this guy ^^^

give you this

I can speak for myself and say he didn't give me that.

Flipityflu
02-24-2009, 12:39 PM
this off season has been really decent. a team built before the first game starts.

the joker banner needs to be.

deltox
02-24-2009, 12:41 PM
where are the people who said that Mo hates Canadians?

where are all the Mo haters now?

that Mo must go banner from last yr made me sick. where is it now?