PDA

View Full Version : Footy blog talks trialists

Stryker
02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
First up, Soccer By Ives is reporting Toronto FC is bringing in Portuguese 26-year old right back Miguel Garcia for a trial. He's been at Sporting Lisbon, Reggina (where he suffered a serious knee injury and didn't play), and he was last seen at Standard Liege where he's struggled to get playing time.
I asked Score Tonight host and Portuguese soccer enthusiast Sid Seixeiro for his opinion on Garica. Here's what he said:

"Decent player. Was never the best guy on the field, but I think he'll help them out. Meat and potatoes kind of defender. Played a long stretch with Sporting. If Mo signs him, then Carver will play him. A lot. Just my opinion."
Does he have the physique to play centre-half?

"Not really. But he's seen enough top flight football to make that conversion in the MLS. I have great confidence in that."
Another two trialists got into some game action in TFC's 3-0 win over Florida Atlantic on the weekend:

Alexandre Boucicaut - A 27-year Haitian midfielder with 6 goals in 31 caps. He's been playing for Violette AC of the Haitian League, but has been on the books with both the Chicago Fire and Colorado Rapids previously.

Martin Durica - A Slovakian midfielder, last seen at MSK Zilina of the Slovak top flight.

Striker Gregory Richardson and Midfielder/Defender Amadou Sanyang also got time in the game on the weekend.

http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/default.aspx (http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/default.aspx)

Luanda
02-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Old news. Garcia started today's game!

Boris
02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
regardless if its old news...
cant keep people from bringing in credible sources
thanks for the news :D

Stryker
02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Old news. Garcia started today's game!
You're a twat.

TorontoBlades
02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I hate when people do that old news shit ^^^^^

JonO
02-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Besides, the blog clearly adds new information to the "old news"...

TFC 420
02-23-2009, 04:18 PM
why do we need 2 threads for the same topic?

Luanda
02-25-2009, 09:28 AM
You're a twat.

The "twats" are actually those whose brains, let alone their fingers, are both too lazy to dig info and too slow to digest it.

arbogast
02-25-2009, 09:30 AM
The "twats" are actually those whose brains, let alone their fingers, are both too lazy to dig info and too slow to digest it.

agreed. there's too much of that kind of crap going on.

TorontoBlades
02-25-2009, 09:44 AM
that's why we have mods. if you'd like feel free to create your own little slice of heaven and police it how you'd like. As far as I'm concerned you could have 5000 threads on one topic, and if the mods want to merge, they can, if they don't it's really up to you if you wish to discuss....

Stryker
02-25-2009, 10:54 AM

The article quoted was less than two hours old. The identity of Gracia had only been ascertained an hour before that. Lastly, the inclusion of a quote by a respected football journalist assessing the skills of the new trialist, which we knew nothing about makes it news worthy.
Digest that.

denime
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh boy,here we go again.
Stryker thanks for posting it it's the news no matter what other ppl say,but we have thread about new trialists already going.

Here is the link from few days ago:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10080

Please go there and keep your lovely conversation going.
I will move the first post to that thread and close this one just to keep it in one place.

Thanks