PDA

View Full Version : Inter Milan To Play TFC ?

tfc007
02-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I foTFC to play Inter Milan? (http://tfcnews.ca/2009/02/21/tfc-to-play-inter-milan/)
February 21, 2009, 2:03 AM
Filed under: FIFA (http://en.wordpress.com/tag/fifa/), International Friendlies (http://en.wordpress.com/tag/international-friendlies/), Toronto FC (http://en.wordpress.com/tag/toronto-fc/)
http://home.tiscali.nl/~t468243/predict/images/Italy/logointer.gifInter Milan, who has won the past three consecutive Serie A titles and is on course to win a fourth this spring, is currently in talks with Major League Soccer about playing against a team of the league’s all-stars this summer, officials said.
The 2009 MLS All-Star Game is slated to be played at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah, on July 29.
Inter’s visit could be part of a larger North American tour, which could include visits to New York, Toronto and Edmonton, officials said.

tfc007
02-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Sorry I got this news on TFC News,I dont know if its old news or what. I figure just put it on the board for the supporters to have a look. Cheers

Ossington Mental Youth
02-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Thats pretty huge if they do

Pachuco
02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
big news if it's true!

hodgkiss
02-22-2009, 11:07 AM
well the edmonton game was rumored a month or two ago and has been talked about on the v's board since then. as far as tfc goes, this is teh very first i have heard about that...

http://www.canada.com/Sports/story.html?id=1175755

colman1860
02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
If this ends up happening, we need a BE CHAMPIONS banner.

tfc007
02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
A friend of mine told me that he saw a story somewhere, in which someone is planning to organize a hugh tournament this year at the Rogers Centre with real grass.Just like the games they held here a few years back. According to this friend of mine some of the names on this articel were Man United,Juventus! This friend of mine is not a fan of footy,so he couldnt remember where he saw this.If anyone knows about this please shed some light.

Super Cereal
02-22-2009, 11:42 AM
That'd be pretty damn big! Hope it comes to be!

Normally I'm not a big fan of friendlies, but it's F'n Inter Milan!

rocker
02-22-2009, 11:50 AM
why not AC Milan?? then we can see Beckham ;) ;)

olegunnar
02-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Thats the thing...if it is Inter I bet the "friendly" that's included in the season ticket package is against Rangers. Then the Inter game would be a one off free for all for tickets at the Skydome.
BMO is too small for a team as big as Inter.

ensco
02-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Is it a given that TFC would be the opponent?

dcdcdc
02-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Thats the thing...if it is Inter I bet the "friendly" that's included in the season ticket package is against Rangers. Then the Inter game would be a one off free for all for tickets at the Skydome.

Why is BMO too small for Inter? They are supposedly going to play at Rio Tinto that also has 20K seats. AC Milan came here years ago, like in 94 or something, I recall and Varsity was half empty and all the big guys played

olegunnar
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Why is BMO too small for Inter? They are supposedly going to play at Rio Tinto that also has 20K seats. AC Milan came here years ago, like in 94 or something, I recall and Varsity was half empty and all the big guys played

Too small to generate the appearance fee through ticket sales (independently).

Is RSL paying for Inter to come or is MLS?

The teams that played at varsity got paid by the promoters. If Varisty was half full then the promoters took a bath.

olegunnar
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Is it a given that TFC would be the opponent?

That's probably the right question to ask.

Bobo
02-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Sweeeeeet.

I think I'd rather see them play a team other than TFC. Saves me the emotional pain of split allegiances. :D

RedRum
02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
If we did play a friendly against Inter, I feel virtually certain that it would not be the friendly included in the STH package.

I just can't see MLSE shelling out big bucks to bring a top euro team here with the stadium already sold out every game, unless their aim is to strengthen TV numbers and/or promote TFC more within the Italian-Canadian community.

Time will tell I guess...

rocker
02-22-2009, 02:37 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing them play TFC at Rogers with a grass field put down. I'm curious to see TFC in a grander environment. I saw Roma/Celtic there (12 rows up, first level, centerfield) and it was quite a nice place to watch footy. woudl be more interesting to see it with chanting fans!

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
02-22-2009, 03:34 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing them play TFC at Rogers with a grass field put down. I'm curious to see TFC in a grander environment. I saw Roma/Celtic there (12 rows up, first level, centerfield) and it was quite a nice place to watch footy. woudl be more interesting to see it with chanting fans!

hahaha i was in the celtic support section =):hump:;)

BUT ANYWAYS if this TFC VS INTER is at the skydome then FUCK i hope we get alot of us down there in one big section and show inter what were made of! hahahah we have to fill the skydome with TFC chants to show the OTHER italians in this great city what TFC supporters are really made of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:canada::canada::canada::canada :

JDG
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Road trip to the Rogers Centre to see Becks not play in Toronto yet again? :willy_nilly:
Not something I'm likely to get excited about.

Yohan
02-22-2009, 04:08 PM
if inter did come for a friendly, you'd think that'd shut giambac up?

wishful thinking i know...

TFC OZZ
02-22-2009, 04:12 PM

HAHHA YES!!!!!!!

"I'm fantastic"

mighty_torontofc_2008
02-22-2009, 04:20 PM

god not Rangers..why not a real team??? in the dome is used inter would be playing someone other then TFC ie, Celtic,Liverpool etc/// ALL TFC games should be at BMO

GuelphStorm2007
02-22-2009, 06:53 PM
I believe it when I see it

AL-MO
02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
god not Rangers..why not a real team??? in the dome is used inter would be playing someone other then TFC ie, Celtic,Liverpool etc/// ALL TFC games should be at BMO

Take the white and green blindfold from over your eyes off mighty.

AL-MO
02-22-2009, 09:28 PM

Dually noted good sir.

:canada:

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey, not all TFC fans can fit in BMO....so shut it , TFC should be able to play in a real stadium for once. TFC should play at the rogers centre to show how much bmo needs to be improved/expanded.

Also, FOR ALL you who say ''OHH NO DONT EXPAND BMO''...... THATS CAUSE U AINT ON THE FUCKING WAITING LIST FOR TICKETS AND HAVE TO TROLL HERE FOR SINGLES TO GAMES :canada::drinking: :D

drewski
02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
god not Rangers..why not a real team???

cause Toronto's first ever draft pick doesn't play for a real team?

deeznutz
02-22-2009, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sts-UUzMkc&feature=related

colman1860
02-22-2009, 11:48 PM
"Shut up deeznuts" (said using the perfect impression by Mario Rosenstock on IOSS/Special1TV)

Cashcleaner
02-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Inter to play TFC here in town? It would be absolutely great news if true and I'm not even a big fan of Serie A! Also, while I'd be happy if they took a chance with playing at Rogers Centre on a grass pitch, I'm pretty sure MLSE would want still want to hold it at BMO Field.

ExiledRed
02-23-2009, 01:40 AM
I'll be pissed if we have to risk our players, getting our arses handed to us by Inter.

I hope they're playing at their own level over in the Skydome, and not fucking our season.

Cashcleaner
02-23-2009, 02:04 AM
^ C'mon man, live dangerously! :cool:

ExiledRed
02-23-2009, 02:20 AM
^ C'mon man, live dangerously! :cool:

Have you met my wife?

danger is my fucking middle name, trust me!

RedWookie
02-23-2009, 02:32 AM
That would be epic. I think North American FC's should play against more experienced teams whenever possible

Afra
02-23-2009, 07:40 AM
The only thing that concerns me (because I know TFC would kick their asses) is injuries. When Villa played here they hurt something like 4 players. Every Villa player looked bigger and faster, and their tackles were much more vicious and clean. I cannot see Inter being gentle.

trane
02-23-2009, 09:55 AM
As a RPB and a Milanista I have to say INTER DI MERDA. ( I realy do not like friendlies, but cheering against Inter is always a good thing)

werewolf
02-23-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll be pissed if we have to risk our players, getting our arses handed to us by Inter.

I hope they're playing at their own level over in the Skydome, and not fucking our season.

I agree.

I am not really itching to see Robinson strain a hamstring and miss a month down the stretch (for example) just to see him try down adriano (or attempt to).

It would be cool if Inter came, but I would prefer how they had it a few years ago where they play another big Euro team.

nascarguy
02-23-2009, 10:05 AM
I believe it when I see it
yeah guys do not get your hopes up !!!

trane
02-23-2009, 10:07 AM
The only thing that concerns me (because I know TFC would kick their asses) is injuries. When Villa played here they hurt something like 4 players. Every Villa player looked bigger and faster, and their tackles were much more vicious and clean. I cannot see Inter being gentle.

Matterazzi is known for his gentle approach.

trane
02-23-2009, 10:10 AM

I agree in general, I would like to cheer against Inter, but friendlies in the midle of the season, are just not a good idea. Getting beaten and injured would serve very littel purpose. I do not think that Inter would use its top players, but still it could get ugly.

spark
02-23-2009, 10:12 AM
This was "confirmed" on WSD last week by a caller. This guy was apparently in the main box of Inter during the AC/Inter game and got the 411 on them coming here to play in the all-star game.

nascarguy
02-23-2009, 10:20 AM
This was "confirmed" on WSD last week by a caller. This guy was apparently in the main box of Inter during the AC/Inter game and got the 411 on them coming here to play in the all-star game.
nothing is 100% confirmed in till the in the city.

deeznutz
02-23-2009, 01:35 PM
"Shut up deeznuts" (said using the perfect impression by Mario Rosenstock on IOSS/Special1TV)

I think you wanna lick the left one!!! Come see me at half time in the month of July.......

spark
02-23-2009, 01:38 PM

That's why I said "confirmed" ;)

Damien
02-23-2009, 01:44 PM
We can send out Dichio to headbutt Materazzi. :D

Bobo
02-23-2009, 03:53 PM

Well I think its safe to say they'll be coming to North America during the summer so it might be more a matter of which cities will be lucky enough to grab them. Naturally, Toronto would be one of the first choices.

C.Ronaldo
02-23-2009, 04:00 PM
anyone else scratching their as to why EDMONTON is even mentioned?

They aren't even the centre of the universe like us

giambac
02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
I foTFC to play Inter Milan? (http://tfcnews.ca/2009/02/21/tfc-to-play-inter-milan/)
February 21, 2009, 2:03 AM
Filed under: FIFA (http://en.wordpress.com/tag/fifa/), International Friendlies (http://en.wordpress.com/tag/international-friendlies/), Toronto FC (http://en.wordpress.com/tag/toronto-fc/)
http://home.tiscali.nl/~t468243/predict/images/Italy/logointer.gifInter Milan, who has won the past three consecutive Serie A titles and is on course to win a fourth this spring, is currently in talks with Major League Soccer about playing against a team of the league’s all-stars this summer, officials said.
The 2009 MLS All-Star Game is slated to be played at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah, on July 29.
Inter’s visit could be part of a larger North American tour, which could include visits to New York, Toronto and Edmonton, officials said.

If Inter did come to Toronto to play TFC it would mark the biggest day in TFC's short history.

Forget about all those 2nd rate teams they have brought in over the first 2 years. Inter is the real deal.

Shaughno
02-23-2009, 04:11 PM
^^ Inter isn't the real deal. They haven't even won the Champions League in like 30+ years! :lol:

ExiledRed
02-23-2009, 04:18 PM
If Inter did come to Toronto to play TFC it would mark the biggest day in TFC's short history.

Forget about all those 2nd rate teams they have brought in over the first 2 years. Inter is the real deal.

Looks to me that you'd rather watch Inter, than watch TFC win the league.

Calling a friendly, whoever it's against, "the biggest day in a club's history" proves that you have your priorities in the wrong place.

Shaughno
02-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Ian, it's Inter Minan. What have they won? :lol:

Pachuco
02-23-2009, 04:36 PM

It would be the best opposition they've faced. Sure wouldn't be the biggest day in TFC history. I still chalk that up to our first win ever.

Whoop
02-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Looks to me that you'd rather watch Inter, than watch TFC win the league.

Calling a friendly, whoever it's against, "the biggest day in a club's history" proves that you have your priorities in the wrong place.

Exactly.

The biggest day in the club's history is when they win something not when they play someone, even if it is Inter.

TFC07
02-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Toronto media would have a field day if Inter were in Toronto. Just imagine Toronto media asking questions to Mourinho and what kind of responds they'll get from him? LOL

ExiledRed
02-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Toronto media would have a field day if Inter were in Toronto. Just imagine Toronto media asking questions to Mourinho and what kind of responds they'll get from him? LOL

When Chelsea played the all stars, Mourinho's statement was something to the effect of

"We like coming here in preseason because they(MLS teams) try to play at the top level (which of course they aren't) when they play against us."

Chelsea lost 1-0 to a DeRo goal

BuSaPuNk
02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
^ Toronto Media: Jose, How do you feel the quality of play is over here in North America??

Jose: They need to learn to PLAY LIKE CHAMPIONS!

UltraSuperMegaMo
02-23-2009, 06:20 PM

Imagine him on Prime Time Sports with McCowan.

AL-MO
02-23-2009, 06:24 PM

I don't think we have enough 'Footy Media' to make it that interesting.

Mourinho coming to town would fly right over the puckheads in the media head's.

GeorgeB
02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Ian, it's Inter Minan. What have they won? :lol: they have beat you twice.one was a blowout if i remember correctly :p

Shaughno
02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Quiet you!

McBrace
02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
he is playing the game.. you know the game...

it's fantastic!!!

GabrielHurl
02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Quiet you!

ShaughnoWn3d !!! :p

trane
02-23-2009, 06:36 PM
^ The proof is in the puding, are you not playing Inter tommorow? Or is it the next day.

james
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM

Pffttt its a friendly man, its not that big, it would not be the biggest game in TFC history. Playing teams in the Canada Championship ment alot more then some friendly, also mention TFC and Inter would most likely play alot of reserve players anyways.

And this 2nd rate teams people keep saying are stupid, we have seen good clubs. Hey Benifica has won 2 Champion Leagues, just like Inter won 2, Villa has won 1, in 1982, but was more recent since Inter havent won Champions League since 1965. Villa also beat Inter 3-0 last time they played each other :D. So just end this 2nd rate shit!

nascarguy
02-23-2009, 07:05 PM
they have beat you twice.one was a blowout if i remember correctly :p

Quiet you!

how soon you forgot ...lol :drinking:

nascarguy
02-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Pffttt its a friendly man, its not that big, it would not be the biggest game in TFC history. Playing teams in the Canada Championship ment alot more then some friendly, also mention TFC and Inter would most likely play alot of reserve players anyways.

And this 2nd rate teams people keep saying are stupid, we have seen good clubs. Hey Benifica has won 2 Champion Leagues, just like Inter won 2, Villas has won 1, in 1982, but was more recent since Inter havent won Champions League since 1965. Villa also beat Inter 3-0 last time they played each other :D. So just end this 2nd rate shit!

right now the Canada Championship is nothing. but if it was all canadian soccer clubs playing for the cup it would mean more but in till then it's a wast if time

MrHawk
02-23-2009, 07:18 PM

And this 2nd rate teams people keep saying are stupid, we have seen good clubs. Hey Benifica has won 2 Champion Leagues, just like Inter won 2, Villas has won 1, in 1982, but was more recent since Inter havent won Champions League since 1965. Villa also beat Inter 3-0 last time they played each other :D. So just end this 2nd rate shit!

Good luck on this one. Italy is the be all, end all of football.

james
02-23-2009, 07:23 PM

id bet it would be a lot less media then when Beckham and other players were in town for the all-star game. Id even say there would be alot less media then when Toronto was hosting the Under-20 world cup final. Toronto media just isnt as crazy for soccer as some people think, Leafs will always dominate that area.

james
02-23-2009, 07:31 PM

well many Italians wish that anyways :p

james
02-23-2009, 07:36 PM
right now the Canada Championship is nothing. but if it was all canadian soccer clubs playing for the cup it would mean more but in till then it's a wast if time

You know every game in the Canada Championships last year were sold out or very close to being sold out. Also you know the winner of Canada Championship then qualifies for Champions League.....which has been in the papper alot lately because Montreal has sold 45,000 tickts so far for a champions League match. Id say thats a big deal. And if you ever luck and win Champions League you qualify for Club World Cup and you get to play teams like Boca Juniors or Chelsea or Ac Milan or any big clubs for a meanningful match, unlike these crappy friendlies we get.

giambac
02-23-2009, 09:15 PM

Amen

nfitz
02-23-2009, 11:07 PM
right now the Canada Championship is nothing.Didn't feel that way ... not for the fans at least ... got the impression that some of the players were happy to not be going to Nicaragua.

james
02-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Didn't feel that way ... not for the fans at least ... got the impression that some of the players were happy to not be going to Nicaragua.

the fans were pissed off, the fans around me anyways cause we lost. And Montreal Impact players sure as hell wanted to win, you could see them celebrating rubbing it in TFC fans faces.

And i didnt see any TFC players smilling after the loss. And i dont know if you saw the game but the last like 10 minutes Toronto was desprately trying to kick anythin at the net hopping somethin would go in.

nascarguy
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
the Limpact has never beat us they won by a tie

and i'll say it again in till they get 6 to 12 team the Canada Championship is nothing but the games after do.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
i say we continue to play south american sides.........and then scoop there youngsters..........as we did with VITTI! ;)

james
02-24-2009, 12:23 AM
the Limpact has never beat us they won by a tie

and i'll say it again in till they get 6 to 12 team the Canada Championship is nothing but the games after do.

ya was a tie, but was more like a loss because we had to win that game to qualify. Also they will never have 6-12 teams in the Canada Championship (in the next 10 years anyways) unless they let amature teams join. But then i bet most people, only the more harcore TFC fans would wanna see TFC play some CSL club.

TFC07
02-24-2009, 12:32 AM
id bet it would be a lot less media then when Beckham and other players were in town for the all-star game. Id even say there would be alot less media then when Toronto was hosting the Under-20 world cup final. Toronto media just isnt as crazy for soccer as some people think, Leafs will always dominate that area.

Inter got a big fanbase in Toronto (or least in places like Brampton and Mississauga). If Inter were playing against TFC at Rogers Centre, it would hard for Toronto media not to give any coverage at all.

nascarguy
02-24-2009, 12:38 AM
ya was a tie, but was more like a loss because we had to win that game to qualify. Also they will never have 6-12 teams in the Canada Championship unless they let amature teams join. But then i bet most people, only the more harcore TFC fans would wanna see TFC play some CSL club.

usl are amature teams so why out let some CSL club.

how many usl team are in canada

james
02-24-2009, 01:37 AM
usl are amature teams so why out let some CSL club.

how many usl team are in canada

there is 2 USL teams, (Montreal and Vancouver) And i bet eventually these 2 cities will join MLS. And USL is still considerred pro. Really the skill quality difference between USL players and MLS isnt that far apart. Difference between MLS/USL to CSL is quite a big jump in the gap.

I seriously would have no problem letting amature clubs in the Canada Championship, in fact i think that would be wicked...away game to say Niagra Falls? i just dont think the average fan would pay any attention to games if an amature club was playing. Many fans would probably think TFC is to good, hell some people complain that USL is to shitty, let alone any leagues even lower then USL!

migo073
02-24-2009, 08:35 AM
That would be awesome, time will tell. Tattoos & Tenacity Marco Matarazzi!

Derko
02-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Well Inter didn't look so shit hot against the Red Devils, did they!!
I'd rather see ManU or Rangers, but then again I'm biased aren't I.

MrHawk
02-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Amen

I guess we are unfamiliar with sarcasm.

djking2
02-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I seriously would have no problem letting amature clubs in the Canada Championship, in fact i think that would be wicked...away game to say Niagra Falls?

A open qualifier tourney to seed an amateur/semi-pro team in a final round of four might be interesting

Pinkie
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I just want inter to come s that i can throw whatever i can at materazzi. Goddamn do i hate him.

Nodoubtguy
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I just want inter to come s that i can throw whatever i can at materazzi. Goddamn do i hate him.

Whatever you got, give me half to throw at Figo!!!

sully
02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
mlsintoronto has said Inter V Toronto would be very unlikely....
(see killing time in Dorval thread)

boban
02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
But he's also not the be all and end all of TFC, even less so of MLSE.

Damien
02-25-2009, 10:38 AM

Thank god.

Derko
02-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Amen

I thought it is called Calcio in Italy!!, not football
:drinking:

Crazy Canuck
02-26-2009, 12:06 AM
haha Peter,
too bad you love such a crappy team.
I would see TFC play Roma.

From cowtown

Bobo
02-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Imagine him on Prime Time Sports with McCowan.

LOL! An interview for the ages.

s2cazz
02-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Matterazzi is known for his gentle approach.
your just jealous of matrix

s2cazz
02-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Agreed

Azerban
02-27-2009, 01:12 AM

noooooo i like your seats don't lose them to throw shit at a cunt

you can do that after the game at whatever gate they exit from

Super
02-27-2009, 03:40 AM
baha, I see you two every game. Throw shit, it'd be funny :D

Yalomed
03-13-2009, 09:46 AM
If Inter came to town I'd probably be Toronto's version of that manure fan who was backhanded by Mourinho.

Stryker
03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
If Inter came to town I'd probably be Toronto's version of that manure fan who was backhanded by Mourinho.
Im so looking forward to the next Special One TV episode to see what they do about this and the loss.

P.S. MUFC owns you

Yalomed
03-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't know if his honeymoon will last too long. At training today the merda fans hung a banner which read: Lusitanian bluffer, leave Milano.

Stryker
03-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't know if his honeymoon will last too long. At training today the merda fans hung a banner which read: Lusitanian bluffer, leave Milano.
LOL. Im not surprised.

MUFC still owns you

trane
03-13-2009, 10:01 AM
^ Lets not get into this shit again.

Stryker
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
^ Oh come on, its a light hearted jab in return for a jab.
No need to get pissy.

trane
03-13-2009, 10:12 AM
^ I am not pissy, and I agree with you it is a light harded jab, pesonally I am ok with it. It just in light of recent events and in hopes that we can get a forum up so that we can discuss the stuff again, and have light harded jabs at each other, I hope that we can avoid the subject untill we get a place to do it again. I am not a mod so its realy up to you.

Section 117
03-13-2009, 10:18 AM
From what I heard Montreal is almost guarenteed and in New York they will probably playing AC Milan.

I am torn if they come cause I don't want to lose my tickets or get arressted as I hate the south american national team... opps I meant Inter

ensco
03-13-2009, 10:31 AM

omg that is funny. That is a high class taunt. Great double entendre!

MUFC_Niagara
03-13-2009, 10:36 AM
having inter here would be cool....mourinho in toronto....be champions

Nuvinho
03-13-2009, 10:38 AM
^^Shut up Toronto FC!!!

Yalomed
03-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I guarantee if Mourinho came to Toronto, the chants custom made for him would be a little more provocative than "Mourinho go home". I'd bring out the Mancini references BABY!!!

Definitely getting arrested that day if they came.

Haligonian
03-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Everyone would have to bring big foam hands to "backhand" each other with.

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-13-2009, 06:55 PM
LMFAO