PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Saturday, Feb.21

denime
02-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Mornin'

No TFC News for now,please post it here if you find some.

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/) :banghead:

COED (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/) :ihih:

Enjoy the weekend !

denime
02-21-2009, 06:37 AM
From Dandot yesterday post in case you missed it:

Danny's Twitter just now.
Quote:
Fri 20th Feb: Touched down in Fort Lauderdale(FL) for the start of our 2nd pre-season trip. Ran in2 a friend who might be signing 4 us 2moz! 18 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/DannyDichio/statuses/1232960215)
Who does he know?

Let's the rumors and speculations begin ;)

DOMIN8R
02-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Mornin' D.

BFin
02-21-2009, 07:08 AM
really?
this qualifies??

Nuvinho
02-21-2009, 08:18 AM
maybe mlsintoronto will come on and give us a hint, like he did 2 weeks ago about Vitti....oh how I love sports trade rumours.

Parkdale
02-21-2009, 08:20 AM
maybe mlsintoronto will come on and give us a hint, like he did 2 weeks ago about Vitti....oh how I love sports trade rumours.

naw.... he doesn't work weekends.

Nuvinho
02-21-2009, 08:27 AM
naw.... he doesn't work weekends.

yeah, but I remembered he posted on saturday about Vitti. But anyways, hopefully we will hear news monday or today after the game.

TFC 420
02-21-2009, 08:38 AM
what time is todays match?

Nuvinho
02-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Saturday February 21
Toronto FC vs. FAU (Florida Atlantic University)
3:00 p.m.
Game played in Boca Raton on the campus (777 Glades Road)

Stryker
02-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Ran in2 a friend who might be signing 4 us 2moz!

I think the most obvious answer is the correct one guys. Danny had a friend who's hearing impaired and he'll be teaching the team basic sign language as a way of breaking down language barriers.
I mean come on, its so obvious. ;)

CretanBull
02-21-2009, 10:13 AM
I hope Danny's friend is a 6'4 CB!

BFin
02-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Milan tell Galaxy Becks' offer stands

MILAN -- The vice-president of AC Milan says the club's offer of US$3 million for David Beckham was the market rate and it won't be increased.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/02/21/milan_galaxy_beckham/

$3 million? wow they really do think we are jokes.

cy43
02-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Milan tell Galaxy Becks' offer stands

MILAN -- The vice-president of AC Milan says the club's offer of US$3 million for David Beckham was the market rate and it won't be increased.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/02/21/milan_galaxy_beckham/

$3 million? wow they really do think we are jokes.

I don't know my friend... like it says in the article, they can get him for free in November, so why would they offer more? It would be stupid really

Ya hearddd

BFin
02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
^^
Ya, but they want him now...and november is 10 months away. The Galaxy would probably make more than 3 million with him in those 10 months, so it makes sense to up the offer if you want him now.

HERRRRRD ME

Mark in Ottawa
02-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't know my friend... like it says in the article, they can get him for free in November, so why would they offer more? It would be stupid really

Free in November? I thought he signed a five year deal? :noidea:

"Beckham has a clause in his Galaxy contract that would allow him to leave at the end of this year."

O right. Better to get the $3 million now and keep good communication lines open or risk Beckham getting injured or "funked out" playing in LA?

Maybe they should offer him up on the open market?
Perhaps someone else will pay more than the $3mil mentioned :rolleyes:

Daveisonfire
02-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Free in November? I thought he signed a five year deal?

He has some kind of opt-out clause in his contract apparently

Pachuco
02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Pathetic. 3 Million for Beckham is a pathetic offer. Fuck Milan. I hope Pato and Kaka leave so I never have to watch that pathetic team again.

Marc"2L"
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
If beckham wants the England caps, he could shell out a bit of cash no?

15 mil on top of the 3 isn't too bad. :chuckle:

Ossington Mental Youth
02-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Pathetic. 3 Million for Beckham is a pathetic offer. Fuck Milan. I hope Pato and Kaka leave so I never have to watch that pathetic team again.

You support inter right?

Im sorry, i dont actually know if you do but it was too tempting

cy43
02-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I'd say it's a pretty genius way to try and get him cheap on Milan's part. Basically what they are saying to LA is... in November Becks will be in our Jersey so either get $3M from us now, or get nothing in November... Your call.

I don't find it insulting to the league, it's just good business.

rocker
02-21-2009, 03:06 PM
so they don't really need Becks then... if they needed him they'd want him now.

the way i see it, Becks will be gone in November if he doesn't go to Milan. But that means a whole nother season of Becks jerseys for sale, greater attendance at LA road games, maybe better TV viewership when Becks plays.

MLS needs to get reasonable reimbursement for that lost revenue, or just keep him until November and reap those rewards.

Pachuco
02-21-2009, 04:20 PM
You support inter right?

Im sorry, i dont actually know if you do but it was too tempting

I don't support any team except TFC, Canada and Venezuela. I'm from Venezuela, so I don't have anybody else to support. I figure, why support a team in Europe that I have no connection to? So....having said that, I watch Serie A, La Liga and EPL religiously. I usually chear for players I like and since Pato and Kaka are 2 of my favorite players right now, I get stuck watching Milan. I don't like anyone on Inter though so I'm usually chearing against them. Two overrated strikers in Ibrahimovic and Adriano :)

Pachuco
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
so they don't really need Becks then... if they needed him they'd want him now.

the way i see it, Becks will be gone in November if he doesn't go to Milan. But that means a whole nother season of Becks jerseys for sale, greater attendance at LA road games, maybe better TV viewership when Becks plays.

MLS needs to get reasonable reimbursement for that lost revenue, or just keep him until November and reap those rewards.

Funny thing is, before Becks went to Milan, they were basically saying they wanted Becks on the team partly because they were having attendance problems. I know I can find the quote if I look again. So, now all of a sudden Becks' worth should be determined based on technical play? haha, that's funny. I hope to see empty seats in Milan in the near future.