PDA

View Full Version : Talk of DP signings heating up

ag futbol
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
*Word out of South America is that Racing forward Facundo Sava , 34, has offers from clubs in MLS, Mexico and Argentina. Sava (http://www.infobae.com/adjuntos/imagenes/50/0155028B.jpg)has scored 27 goals in 60 appearances since joining Racing in 2006. Great finisher, but perhaps a bit old for a long-term stay in MLS? Meantime, Boca forward Martin Palermo, who has been linked to a possible move to MLS, tells FIFA.com:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

Not really news, but where do we think these guys are going if they land in MLS?

I think Columbus is going to sign McBride and Chivas is going to take someone playing in MFL currently.

So leftovers: Dallas, Houston, NE, DCU, RSL, SJ, and us. Summer window should be interesting.

Billy the kid
05-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I thought Columbus had professional diver Scheletto (sp?) as their DP. Could they get McBride as well?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2008, 02:28 PM
I thought we have the rights to mcbribe...this has already been confirmed i thought....so if anyone wants Mcbride...they'll have to make a deal with tfc??

can we get this confirmed again>>>?? :)

TFCREDNWHITE
05-26-2008, 02:37 PM
No Thanks! I don't want Sava or Palermo!!! their both well on their way to 35/36 yrs of age!

ag futbol
05-26-2008, 02:40 PM
- Scheletto is non-dp under the cap, similar to Davino.
- Mcbride`s rights should be owned by Columbus (I think) he was last with them when he left the league, so i believe they retain the right to pick him up again. Maybe you are thinking of Huckerby

Regarding age ... I`d lying if I said that was a positive, but i think we need to keep in mind this isn`t a first tier league, it`s not even a second tier league. Blanco is the best player in MLS at 35, Mo Johnston dominated MLS when he was 37, Rivaldo dominated Greece last year at the age of 36. There are plenty of leagues better than MLS where guys at this age still get serious contention because they can still contribute given the level of play.

Broadview
05-26-2008, 02:42 PM
As far as I know, we have dibs on any players returning to MLS, which would be the case with McBride.

McBride would most likely want to return to Columbus or to Chicago, his hometown. Mo could snag him as trade bait for either of those teams, but neither of them have any extra DP slots so it's pretty unlikely, unless McBride wants to take a serious pay cut.

I remember during the telecast of Fullham's last EPL game (or one of them), the commentators mentioned that he said he would have stuck it out there even if they were relegated. Appearantly he's set some deep roots in London. Also, they seem to love him there. And pay well.

I doubt he's comming back.