PDA

View Full Version : TFC website roster updated

Stryker
02-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Looks like they updated the main roster page. Vitti is now listed as number 8 whereas he wasen't yesterday.
They've added a picture of Kevin Hall and changed Harmse's postion to defender. :skep:
DeRo is listed as a forward.
Was Gala listed as a D/M before?

http://web.mlsnet.com/players/roster.jsp?club=t280

JonO
02-20-2009, 11:05 AM
I believe Gala has alway been D/M - he can play left back, but I prefer him in the midfield...

Stryker
02-20-2009, 11:08 AM
On a side note, I have a feeling Hall will be sticking around for the season.

Nuvinho
02-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I noticed it this morning. I always check the roster page, in hopes I see more defenders there.....haha!!!

BFin
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
On a side note, I have a feeling Hall will be sticking around for the season.
People criticized me to no end for saying this last week with my reasoning being that Carver said he was impressed with Hall in camp.

Stryker
02-20-2009, 11:13 AM
I've always wondered if the roster pages are updated by someone working for the team or at MLS head office. Theres really no excuse why they can't update player profiles the day someone is signed or leaves.
We don't seem to have any trouble finding pictures, personal information and club stats.

T_Mizz
02-20-2009, 11:33 AM
^Maybe we should run the site? The only problem would be the TFCTV segments but I'm sure someone here can make decent videos:p

rocker
02-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I've always wondered if the roster pages are updated by someone working for the team or at MLS head office. Theres really no excuse why they can't update player profiles the day someone is signed or leaves.
We don't seem to have any trouble finding pictures, personal information and club stats.

i think MLB runs the site for MLS.

But I think updates are sent through the league... cuz whenever a deal is officially processed through MLS it is updated immediately. But sometimes finalizing deals takes time (MLS is always slow).

the roster had "Fuad" up there before anyone knew about this on the message boards. :)

Wooster_TFC
02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Not fully updated, since Robinson and Ricketts are still S, instead of I, but this should at least confirm that Ibby is still GA (since I doubt they would have updated his status if he wasn't).

Shway
02-20-2009, 01:38 PM
the amount of forwards we have

T_Mizz
02-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Looks like they updated the main roster page. Vitti is now listed as number 8 whereas he wasen't yesterday.
They've added a picture of Kevin Hall and changed Harmse's postion to defender. :skep:
DeRo is listed as a forward.
Was Gala listed as a D/M before?

http://web.mlsnet.com/players/roster.jsp?club=t280
Is Kevin Hall related to Kyle Hall?;)

rocker
02-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Not fully updated, since Robinson and Ricketts are still S, instead of I, but this should at least confirm that Ibby is still GA (since I doubt they would have updated his status if he wasn't).

i think it will be properly edited after roster compliance day, which is in less than two weeks. at that point the league will ask all teams to officially comply to roster restrictions, and then the the monkeys doing the site updating will have all the proper roster identifications.

Mo doesn't have to indicate to the league yet who takes up which roster designation.

gmacpheetfc
02-20-2009, 01:43 PM
whats teh difference between Senior and international

Nuvinho
02-20-2009, 01:46 PM
whats teh difference between Senior and international

Senior - Senior Domestic (Canadian)
Senior International - Outside of Canada

gmacpheetfc
02-20-2009, 01:51 PM
why is Pablo the only "I" then?

Nuvinho
02-20-2009, 01:53 PM
^ I'd wait til the season starts, the website is always messed up.

They had Tyronne Marshall as a forward for the longest time.

T_Mizz
02-20-2009, 01:55 PM
It's been said already: the monkeys who run the site aren't up to date

Hitcho
02-20-2009, 01:59 PM
It's been said already: the monkeys who run the site aren't up to date

Then what's the point of this thread??!! :D

Wooster_TFC
02-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Senior - Senior Domestic (Canadian)
Senior International - Outside of Canada

Close, but not entirely true.

S = Senior - has two designations (at least last year), Senior Domestic (Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, etc - don't remember the specifics) and Senior American (we only have 5 of these spots) see: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

I = Senior International - does not count as domestic or take up our US only spots.

Hopefully that confuses you more :p

T_Mizz
02-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Then what's the point of this thread??!! :D
Good point:D

jloome
02-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Surprised OB white is a senior. He's only 23, isn't he?

rocker
02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
there`s no age distinction if yer one of the 20 on the main roster.
I think the senior designation was only for developmental players, giving them the 17K salary as opposed to 12K.
anybody on the main roster is a `Senior roster` player, as opposed to a developmental player. beyond that, international designations are applied as well.

Bender
02-20-2009, 10:08 PM
The sounders have a nice website that's nice on the eyes. TFC's isn't too pleasing to the eyes, is there anyway TFC can take control of their own website and put up something decent?

jloome
02-20-2009, 10:10 PM
there`s no age distinction if yer one of the 20 on the main roster.
I think the senior designation was only for developmental players, giving them the 17K salary as opposed to 12K.
anybody on the main roster is a `Senior roster` player, as opposed to a developmental player. beyond that, international designations are applied as well.

Well, then I guess I'm surprised he's a senior player. Hasn't proven anything yet in MLS and we cut a promising young player in Rosenlund.

They must think a whoooole lot of the kid.

rocker
02-20-2009, 10:15 PM
gotta wait and see what the final roster designations are when roster compliance date comes. Right now they have only 2 dev players listed. Obviously 2 more guys are gonna be on that dev roster. I assume Gala and Nana... but maybe White.. time will tell.

i don`t think white and Rosenlund have any relation to each other, roster-wise. TFC has more than enough room for both plus more additions if they wanted. They only have 21 listed... move 4 to the dev roster, and you have 3 senior spots available.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
i suspect we will see perhaps the african on trial and hall as the other two developmental players

oxygenatedbrain
02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Sanyang can't sign legally until August 1st, is that correct?

Wooster_TFC
02-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, then I guess I'm surprised he's a senior player. Hasn't proven anything yet in MLS and we cut a promising young player in Rosenlund.

They must think a whoooole lot of the kid.

If I recall correctly, Cronin and White are both Senior roster players, and Frei is G/A.

You have to remember that these guys tend to sign before the draft, so their roster designations are all set up beforehand, with the league. I seriously doubt someone like White (and even Cronin - or anyone else in the draft for that matter) would sign a DEV contract before getting drafted.

nick.mastro
02-21-2009, 04:17 PM
With Harmse changed to Defender on the site, maybe means that we will be seeing a Harmse-Velez pair.

my wish is that they SACK velez, and have Harmse and a new guy, i was pretty impressed with how Harmse did defensivly near the end of the year

TFC OZZ
02-21-2009, 04:45 PM
I was also very Impressed with Harmse at the end of the year. A lot of people give the guy a ton of stick for not being the most technically gifted player on our roster, but when we've got most of our creative positions filled, there comes a point where you just need an angry, solid, powerful guy to take the foul, or dish out the foul, much in the same way I see Serioux. I think a partnership of Serioux and Harmse could be fruitful, despite the fact that many think they would receive too many fouls etc. Both guys are a presence on the field, and they make themselves known to the other teams.

Keegan
02-21-2009, 05:06 PM
With Harmse changed to Defender on the site, maybe means that we will be seeing a Harmse-Velez pair.

my wish is that they SACK velez, and have Harmse and a new guy, i was pretty impressed with how Harmse did defensivly near the end of the year

PLEASE cut Velez. He is 29 years old this year and not getting any better and only getting slower (if that is possible).

I dont know how people can cut up players like Braz and Reda and justify a player like Velez.... but hey.

Would be AWESOME to get Serioux that would really give us a good back line with Wynne, Brennan, Serioux and Harmse/Attakora