PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Friday , Feb.20

denime
02-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Mornin'

Barrett excited by Vitti arrival
Increased competition in attack is good for TFC

The arrival of Pablo Vitti has increased the competition for places amongst Toronto FC's forwards, but Chad Barrett is pleased with the signing of the striker and has been impressed by Vitti's first week in training. Barrett played alongside Vitti for the first time in a preseason game against New York Red Bulls in Florida on Friday and both players scored within the first 13 minutes.

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090219&content_id=218637&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

TFC players unfazed by Becks saga
By Ryan Johnston

David Beckham made just one appearance -- as a MLS all-star -- in Toronto, so excuse the players if his much-publicized move to Italy is not on their minds.

"Beckham brings people to the seats because of his name, reputation and what he has done. It's the media that blows up his every move and draws all the attention," Marvell Wynne said at BMO Field on Thursday. "In the end, for the players, I don't think it will be much of a distraction. But hey, it is always good to hear gossip."

Read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/02/19/tfc_players_beckham/)

The Office
By Ryan Johnston

Now that Toronto FC coach John Carver has seemingly conquered the harsh Canadian winters, he needs to put the same effort into protecting himself from the harsh Floridian sun.

Sporting a classic Brit-on-holiday sunburn and a reasons-unknown singed lip, Carver took time out from what I was told was dealing with a scheduling mess surrounding the upcoming exhibition games.

Read More (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2009/02/19/johnston_the_office/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/) or

COED (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/)

nascarguy
02-20-2009, 06:54 AM
I love this

" Chad Barrett said of Beckham's on-field performance. "He gave some great glimpses when he arrived but he got injured and you can't fault him for that. The next season he came out and had an average year -- five goals, five assists -- which was no different from Cuauhtémoc Blanco or Guillermo Barros Schelotto; they all provided something for the league but at the same time Beckham never made the playoffs here."

Bender
02-20-2009, 07:35 AM
I love this

" Chad Barrett said of Beckham's on-field performance. "He gave some great glimpses when he arrived but he got injured and you can't fault him for that. The next season he came out and had an average year -- five goals, five assists -- which was no different from Cuauhtémoc Blanco or Guillermo Barros Schelotto; they all provided something for the league but at the same time Beckham never made the playoffs here."

QFTW

drewski
02-20-2009, 07:57 AM
very true, but onfield performance was only part (and I think its minor) of the reason he was brought here

canadian_bhoy
02-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Sounds like someone fell asleep by the pool with a can of bodingtons by their side!

scooter
02-20-2009, 08:26 AM
mornin all
things are sounding better and better every day
have i told you yet
canny wait fer opening day

oh and ssg vs coed---------coed by a landslide

TorontoBlades
02-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Hope you guys take the time to listen to the audio on The Office. Great conversation with JC. Perfect thing to do while your getting yourself ready for work.

TorontoBlades
02-20-2009, 08:43 AM
very true, but onfield performance was only part (and I think its minor) of the reason he was brought here

are you sure? :cool:

Stouffville_RPB
02-20-2009, 08:46 AM
mornin all
have i told you yet

Morning everyone.

Hard to argue that scooter.

Toronto Gunner
02-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Sounds like someone fell asleep by the pool with a can of bodingtons by their side!

Boddingtons is the cream of Manchester - more likely a Newcastle ale!

Brooker
02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Hope you guys take the time to listen to the audio on The Office. Great conversation with JC. Perfect thing to do while your getting yourself ready for work.

ready for work? i was just getting ready for bed.

some of us work night shifts and have just got home recently.

so while you are right, it's also the perfect time for us guys to relax after work for a beer or 3 while we read up/listen up before we go to sleep.

:D

BFin
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
SSG has to have a penis.
Also, how old is she?

Stouffville_RPB
02-20-2009, 09:27 AM
SSG has to have a penis.
Also, how old is she?

blurb says 36

BFin
02-20-2009, 09:38 AM
^^
Wow, I closed it as soon as I saw her...but 36?
I mean how do you get both age and looks wrong?! (Not saying 36 is a bad age, but for a SSG she better look like Pam Anderson if she is going to be 36) Normally we at least have an 18 year old slut who looks like she got run over by a bus tire, but at least it's not a bus tire from the 70's.

nimamalek
02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
SSG has to have a penis.
Also, how old is she?

THATS A MAN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ben_vw
02-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Training Notes - February 20, 2009

http://www.tfcconnected.com/2009/02/training-notes-february-20-2009.html

denime
02-20-2009, 10:39 AM
mornin all
have i told you yet

That why I put OR instead vs. ;)

greatwhitenorf
02-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Interesting to see the players have more balanced views of Beckham's situation than many in the media have. Wynne's comment - "When it's finished, it's finished" - puts a lot into perspective. Beckham has to know this is absolutely his last kick at the England team can. His fellow players all understand that and have to respect the fact he's walking away from a boatload of money just to play higher up.

Also like the fact that Vitti needs a translator and the most likely player involved is Guevara. That should put him in the centre of a lot of discussions, both tactical and social, which will only help to grow his role and strengthen communication between the midfield and strikers. And I think that's important because while everyone will look to DeRo to play a big midfield role, Guevara's got a lot to offer as well and can help re-open space for DeRo to work in if teams mark DeRo too closely.

bdiddy
02-20-2009, 10:51 AM
It makes me cry inside...

TFC OZZ
02-20-2009, 10:52 AM
"Check out Toronto FC TV on Friday for the latest episode of Season Three, our series building up to the start of the new season. This episode focuses on Vitti's arrival in Toronto"

Where is this? I didn't see it on the website....

greatwhitenorf
02-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Nothing better to do than delve through photo galleries and make in-depth comparisons of would-be babes? Maybe it's time to stop going to all those Star Trek conventions and find a real girl.

BFin
02-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Nothing better to do than delve through photo galleries and make in-depth comparisons of would-be babes? Maybe it's time to stop going to all those Star Trek conventions and find a real girl.
Wow. Seriously man??
I'm not going to get juvenile and regail you with tales of my triumphs and how yours pale in comparison...but instead I am going to go back to my star trek convention with the rest of the people who have a sense of humor in here.

Oldtimer
02-20-2009, 11:16 AM

QFT, although a little blunt.

Oldtimer
02-20-2009, 11:26 AM
IMPORTANT MLSE news:

TORONTO — Larry Tanenbaum is now officially the second-largest shareholder of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. MLSE, which owns the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL and the Toronto Raptors of the NBA and the Air Canada Centre, announced on Thursday that Tanenbaum completed his purchase of half of CTVglobemedia Inc.'s stake in the company. The deal was originally announced in December and is thought to have cost Tanenbaum, who is chairman of MLSE, about $90-million for CTVglobemedia Inc.'s shares, which amounted to 7.7 per cent of MLSE.

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090219.wsptmlse0219/GSStory/GlobeSportsHockey/home?cid=al_gam_mostview

Lucky Strike
02-20-2009, 11:37 AM

I happen to agree but it probably would have been beneficial to say it less harshly.

pubboy
02-20-2009, 11:59 AM
mornin all
have i told you yet

I can never see the co-ed pics at work, although having looked at ssg, i would agree (wouldnt touch her with yours !)

rocker
02-20-2009, 12:00 PM
i've never seen "in-depth comparisons" of SSG pics on here ;) I've seen off-hand snarky remarks tho ;)

BakaGaijin
02-20-2009, 12:15 PM
IMPORTANT MLSE news:

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090219.wsptmlse0219/GSStory/GlobeSportsHockey/home?cid=al_gam_mostview

So.........based on that purchase price, a conclusion can be made that MLSE is worth over $1 Billion dollars.

Cas87
02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
SSG vs COED ...

i dunno the SSG is pretty fit for a 36 year old

BFin
02-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I happen to agree but it probably would have been beneficial to say it less harshly.
I happen to disagree as I think it has become a fun tradition of ours in the news thread. It causes no harm to anyone on the board, and until now has been probably the only discussion we have all had without an argument breaking out. I just find that attacking people you don't know with personal insults regarding hobbies and ability to meet women is so juvenile and unnecessary. Regardless of the circumstances.

bee dubya
02-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Also like the fact that Vitti needs a translator and the most likely player involved is Guevara. That should put him in the centre of a lot of discussions, both tactical and social, which will only help to grow his role and strengthen communication between the midfield and strikers. And I think that's important because while everyone will look to DeRo to play a big midfield role, Guevara's got a lot to offer as well and can help re-open space for DeRo to work in if teams mark DeRo too closely.

I think the translator might be Velez. I'm pretty sure I heard it mentioned in an interview - maybe SoccerCentral on Setanta with Barrett saying that if he needed to talk to him off the field, he'd go through Marco. I'm not sure that Guevara's english is strong enough for him to be a translator.

greatwhitenorf
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Well, I think the penis comment was right offside. Totally uncalled for in a thread about club news.

Sometimes more news links get posted in the comments section and I hate having to scroll past that sort of juvenile, or even misanthropic, comment.

greatwhitenorf
02-20-2009, 01:07 PM
I've heard Guevara speak English, not great, but he can order a meal and argue about cab fare. Plus, Vitti is one of the attacantes and they'd be more likely to need to deal with midfielders rather than defenders. If I was Carver, I'd want Guevara more involved. We need everyone involved in offence to communicate strongly.

Lucky Strike
02-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I happen to disagree as I think it has become a fun tradition of ours in the news thread. It causes no harm to anyone on the board, and until now has been probably the only discussion we have all had without an argument breaking out. I just find that attacking people you don't know with personal insults regarding hobbies and ability to meet women is so juvenile and unnecessary. Regardless of the circumstances.

Whoa! :yikes: Hold on, my friend. If I can refer you to my comment you quoted, all I'm saying is that analysis of the SSG and the Coed is not for me; that's not why I come to the boards. But I did make the difference between insulting you (like the other guy I quoted earlier) and saying "thanks, but no thanks". I understand you feel attacked for something you enjoy, but I'm not the one doing the attacking. :cheers:

BFin
02-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I wasn't referring to you Lucky, sorry if it came off like that. I was writing in reference to greatwhitenorf. I apologize again if it came offl ike that.

I did not choose the girl. I did not choose to post the link of her in here. I did not ask the Sun to even have a SSG. I will however, on an open forum, continue to joke with other members who come on here during the day to have a good time and make some jokes, while following our team. The day this board becomes an office, a school, or a church, I will cease to make wity comments with words like 'penis' in them.

Regardless of your feelings toward this thread in particular, and our comments of the SSG, your comments were the furthest offside in this entire thread. Categorizing people who love Star Trek as down and out losers with no girlfriends, is offensive to anyone with an interest in that genre of television. Thankfully I myself do not like sci-fi stuff, so your lack of wit fell by the wayside, but if you have a problem with it, then go to the mods. If they say what we are doing is well within the guidelines of the forum, then be quiet, read selective posts, and keep your criticisms of members to yourself. Also, if you have a problem with me, take it up via PM, not an open shot at a collection of people, I'm a big boy...I'm sure I could handle it.

Sorry again Lucky Strike!

scooter
02-20-2009, 02:10 PM
That why I put OR instead vs. ;)

good call d

thanks for the chuckle of the day mate

scooter
02-20-2009, 02:18 PM

yes please do not screw up our daily news thread---if you need to have your off season fun then go back to the regular boards and go nuts

BFin
02-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Honestly, I didn't know that the news thread had turned into a business meeting. I apologize for throwing it off track, by commenting third on something that someone else posted.
You guys are ridiculous.

Lucky Strike
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I wasn't referring to you Lucky, sorry if it came off like that. I was writing in reference to greatwhitenorf. I apologize again if it came offl ike that.

I did not choose the girl. I did not choose to post the link of her in here. I did not ask the Sun to even have a SSG. I will however, on an open forum, continue to joke with other members who come on here during the day to have a good time and make some jokes, while following our team. The day this board becomes an office, a school, or a church, I will cease to make wity comments with words like 'penis' in them.

Regardless of your feelings toward this thread in particular, and our comments of the SSG, your comments were the furthest offside in this entire thread. Categorizing people who love Star Trek as down and out losers with no girlfriends, is offensive to anyone with an interest in that genre of television. Thankfully I myself do not like sci-fi stuff, so your lack of wit fell by the wayside, but if you have a problem with it, then go to the mods. If they say what we are doing is well within the guidelines of the forum, then be quiet, read selective posts, and keep your criticisms of members to yourself. Also, if you have a problem with me, take it up via PM, not an open shot at a collection of people, I'm a big boy...I'm sure I could handle it.

Sorry again Lucky Strike!

Misunderstandings happen, no big deal. Cheers!

Roogsy
02-20-2009, 03:13 PM
SSG vs COED ...

i dunno the SSG is pretty fit for a 36 year old

Agreed...for a 36 year old, she's pretty rockin. Her face is a little masculine but we've seen worse in the Sun...much worse.

I am skipping the rest of the nonsense in this thread.

keem-o-sabi
02-20-2009, 03:15 PM
can't we all just enjoy boobies?

BFin
02-20-2009, 03:19 PM
BOOBIES?!?!?!?
How dare you utilize that piece of female anatomy as a word in a joke sir. :)

PS I love boobies.

rocker
02-20-2009, 03:23 PM
can't we all just enjoy boobies?

today's SSG doesn't have much, sadly :(

keem-o-sabi
02-20-2009, 03:24 PM
but she was fit. I'll give her that.

Roogsy
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
today's SSG doesn't have much, sadly :(

I'm ok with that.

tfc
02-20-2009, 03:46 PM
there is a new TFC TV up - very good!

Stouffville_RPB
02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm with you Roogsy and Keem-o-sabi. For the Sun and 36 she's got a nice body. She's not in the same conversation as the co-ed though. All in all the Sun has stepped up their game over the last week in my opinion.

BFin
02-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I think our main problem with coming to a consensus each week is a problem they had on the The Office some two weeks ago. We need to define hot here.
To me the SSG should be held to a higher standard then the cute girl that we all have at work. Not because she is any different as a person, but because she is a posing for pictures in a large publication. True, she may be one of the nicer 36 year olds at Crocodile Rock, but if we look at it from the perspective of "For a SSG, she is not hot" then I think a resolution might be easier.

Heepster
02-20-2009, 08:40 PM
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/soccer/archives/2009/02/inter_could_pla.html
Inter Milan... is currently in talks with Major League Soccer about playing against a team of the league's all-stars this summer, officials said.

...visit could be part of a larger North American tour, which could include visits to New York, Toronto and Edmonton, officials said.

TFC 420
02-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd love to see Inter in T.O. this summer.

sully
02-20-2009, 08:43 PM
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/soccer/archives/2009/02/inter_could_pla.html

If we play Inter Milan they should hold that game at the Rogers Centre...I'm sure that demand would warrant it.

dantdot
02-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Danny's Twitter just now.

Fri 20th Feb: Touched down in Fort Lauderdale(FL) for the start of our 2nd pre-season trip. Ran in2 a friend who might be signing 4 us 2moz! 18 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/DannyDichio/statuses/1232960215)
Who does he know?

rocker
02-20-2009, 09:43 PM
2 months???? or tomorrow??? i don`t know his slang.

TFC 420
02-20-2009, 09:44 PM
let the rumours begin!!

dantdot
02-20-2009, 09:51 PM
2 months???? or tomorrow??? i don`t know his slang.

Haha, it's tomorrow. Danny's just proving his street cred.

rocker
02-20-2009, 09:53 PM
danny is much cooler than me then. but i knew that long ago

andyc
02-20-2009, 10:02 PM
It's Serioux! Dichio played with him at Millwall and he turned up to one of Dichio's soccer school session.

It's tomorrow for sure subject to league bs!!!!

rocker
02-20-2009, 10:09 PM
It's Serioux! Dichio played with him at Millwall and he turned up to one of Dichio's soccer school session.

Could very well be..... FC Dallas is staying at the same hotel in Sunrise Florida I believe.. and playing some of the same teams TFC will play this coming week.... :)

akoto
02-20-2009, 10:13 PM
That would be sick!

Baggio2TFC
02-20-2009, 10:30 PM
My God!!! This off season has turned out to be freaking AMAZING!!! I just hope the regular season(and hopefully post season) will live up too par!!

I am too excited to even guess...but Serioux would be freakin' awsome!!!

Anyone think danny is just playing around...I mean, he knows we are all over things around here??!!

ben_vw
02-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Definitely not something Danny would do...

akoto
02-20-2009, 10:40 PM
From the interviews I've seen Mo keeps him in the loop as well so I think Danny might be on to something here.

loconet
02-20-2009, 10:47 PM

Yup! It adds up.

Serioux it is! Amazing.

edit: ok, maybe not "that" amazing. He's recovering from hip & knee injury :(

dantdot
02-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Not so sure it's Serioux, I assume new trialists are there, he might know one of them but it might be too coincidental that someone had a source recently about Serioux coming here.

andyc
02-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Not so sure it's Serioux, I assume new trialists are there, he might know one of them but it might be too coincidental that someone had a source recently about Serioux coming here.

I can't see a trialist signing tomorrow... More likely to be an established player...

dantdot
02-20-2009, 10:56 PM
I can't see a trialist signing tomorrow... More likely to be an established player...

Yeah, maybe it would be someone signing straight away but I hope it is Serioux.

loconet
02-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Any of you speak Italian?

"Il New England Revolution è vicino all'ingaggio del 24enne difensore ecuadoregno della Liga de Quito (finalista del Mondiale per Club) Jairo Campos, mentre si riparla invece di Toronto per il mediano canadese del FCD Adrian Serioux (ex Millwal), su cui però ci sono delle perplessità da parte di Mo Johnston, che già a suo tempo lo aveva ceduto."

sully
02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
The New England Revolution? close 24enne for recruitment of Ecuadorian defender of Liga de Quito (finalist for the World Club) Jairo Campos, while riparla instead of Toronto for the Canadian median of FCD Adrian Serioux (ex Millwal) on which for? there are perplessit? by Mo Johnston, who gi? in its time had divested

pekduck
02-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Any of you speak Italian?

"Il New England Revolution è vicino all'ingaggio del 24enne difensore ecuadoregno della Liga de Quito (finalista del Mondiale per Club) Jairo Campos, mentre si riparla invece di Toronto per il mediano canadese del FCD Adrian Serioux (ex Millwal), su cui però ci sono delle perplessità da parte di Mo Johnston, che già a suo tempo lo aveva ceduto."

google translation

The New England Revolution is at hand for recruitment of the Ecuadorian defender 24enne Liga de Quito (finalist for the World Club) Jairo Campos, while riparla instead of Toronto for the Canadian median of FCD Adrian Serioux (ex Millwal), on which, however, we are doubts on the part of Mo Johnston, who already at that time had sold
:noidea:

loconet
02-20-2009, 11:11 PM
^^ yah, I can use babel fish / google too .. but it's nonsense ? lol ..

ben_vw
02-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I hope it's a defender as much as the next guy, but it could be Gregory Richardson. He had to stay in Miami because he doesn't have a Canadian visa.

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2009/sports/02/18/%E2%80%98jackie-chan%E2%80%99-on-brink-of-landing-mls-contract-with-toronto-fc/

oxygenatedbrain
02-20-2009, 11:22 PM
DD and Jackie Chan are tight, then?

hazy_venus
02-20-2009, 11:26 PM
google translation

The New England Revolution is at hand for recruitment of the Ecuadorian defender 24enne Liga de Quito (finalist for the World Club) Jairo Campos, while riparla instead of Toronto for the Canadian median of FCD Adrian Serioux (ex Millwal), on which, however, we are doubts on the part of Mo Johnston, who already at that time had sold
:noidea:

I think what they are trying to get at is

NER close to signing campos, and mojo is in talks again to sign serioux but has run into problems (since we've already traded serioux once)

But thats just me trying to make sense of garbled bablefish translation

loconet
02-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I hope it's a defender as much as the next guy, but it could be Gregory Richardson. He had to stay in Miami because he doesn't have a Canadian visa.

I don't know, would he say he "run into" a friend when Richardson played with him just last week?

ginkster88
02-20-2009, 11:30 PM
^^ yah, I can use babel fish / google too .. but it's nonsense ? lol ..

babel fish generally lives up to its namesake.

rocker
02-20-2009, 11:31 PM
only if Dichio makes friends very quickly.... he knew richardson for a week... and now he`s talking all excited about his signing, using exclamation marks?

the only thing i wondered about was the `signing`part.. he would know Serioux is already signed with MLS... unless Dichio is just using that as an expression that we`re getting him.

ben_vw
02-20-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't know, would he say he "run into" a friend when Richardson played with him just last week?

Was thinking the same thing. He probably wouldn't be like "look who I ran into" since he knew Richardson would be there. He might have been surprised to see the player in question.

loconet
02-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Anyone with a psychology degree that can investigate the twitter message further?

ginkster88
02-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Haha, it's tomorrow. Danny's just proving his street cred.

Dammit, I'm 21 years old and I abhor the pidgin-like english my peers have fallen into due to texting (sorry, "txting").

ginkster88
02-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Our analysis makes us sound just like fox news...

loconet
02-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey guys, what if Danny just mistyped? Maybe Adrian is putting on a show for the boys tomorrow and is singing for them ..you know, like after practice .. by the pool.. He isn't playing much with FCD ..injury and all ..

andyc
02-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey guys, what if Danny just mistyped? Maybe Adrian is putting on a show for the boys tomorrow and is singing for them ..you know, like after practice .. by the pool.. He isn't playing much with FCD ..injury and all ..

Maybe some "It ain't half hot Mum" kinda entertaining the troops thing???

Sorry for the 80's English reference :noidea:

Bender
02-21-2009, 03:18 AM
remember when we Serioux was on TFC? lol..

rilla
02-24-2009, 11:01 PM
First off I have to say.... COED. Wow !!!

Secondly. I am so excited about Vitti. Not only his skills as a player but also the social mirroring that he represents as a now TFC player. Toronto is such a melting pot of people and for the most part I think we as a city have truly adapted over a series of decades to make it work.

The fact that he speaks no english and is use to a totally different style of football really makes him a perfect fit for our city. I'm really curious to see how far out of the gate they let him out in his first season with us.

Biggest thing that worries me about him is that he is going to get pummeled. He said in his interview that he's not use to aggressive playing other than his time spent in the Ukraine. So cross your fingers that the Black Sea air put a bit of hair on his chest and whip in his spirit.

SilverSamurai
02-24-2009, 11:12 PM
First off I have to say.... COED. Wow !!!

Secondly. I am so excited about Vitti. Not only his skills as a player but also the social mirroring that he represents as a now TFC player. Toronto is such a melting pot of people and for the most part I think we as a city have truly adapted over a series of decades to make it work.

The fact that he speaks no english and is use to a totally different style of football really makes him a perfect fit for our city. I'm really curious to see how far out of the gate they let him out in his first season with us.

Biggest thing that worries me about him is that he is going to get pummeled. He said in his interview that he's not use to aggressive playing other than his time spent in the Ukraine. So cross your fingers that the Black Sea air put a bit of hair on his chest and whip in his spirit.

Ya but Serioux and Harmse will break legs if they hurt Vitti.
It all makes sense now!
Although it means Velez is gonna be alone on defense...
Well someone has to translate.. lol